ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New filter setup ; straight to TB (pics)

RS RIP
i was reading 172Ben's thread , he got some nice trumpets on there now :) , and saw that before the Throttle bodies came on he had a phase 1 airbox straigh on to the TB. Similar to the Cup racers setup, looked to be allright so i also gave it a trie !

Battery was already in the back, got the ecu out of the way by laying it on its side and finally made a ghetto heatshield. Worked out great ! I was very surprised by the car being a lot more responive and it seems a way better drive , i'm quite happy with it. Thanks Ben ;)

23082009.jpg

23082009002.jpg

23082009001.jpg

23082009005.jpg

23082009004.jpg

23082009006.jpg

RS RIP
Yep , seen that also on a couple of cars. This setup i did is also done by teams here in Holland (maybe they trie different setups ?) . Had a look at two of them last year and this setup was used .
By eliminating the elbow there is a real difference in throttle response, very direct and seems to have gained midrange too. Was just out for a little run and it feels really good, no flatspots anywhere just GO

i can say is its a big recommendation especially when on cams+inlets , exhaust ofcourse ! :D

RS RIP
route a big fat cable to the back (specs are on here ; search) . No Hassle at all (but i must say i HAD it done :eek:)

But it was a small job. Earth cable direct onto chassis in sparewheel compatiment

RS RIP
^ Is'nt yours stuck/rubbing on the right against the suspension ?

Because if so ; cut some more off the silicone tubing because it looks like it could lose some . Makes removing the filterhouse easier and allows for more "play" with enginemovement

btw; When i did'nt have a decent caf on + without the heatshield you could defo feel heatsoak going on when been in traffic.. afterwards was a lot better ! suggest you trie the cheap mod (piece of 1mm thick aluminium plate 100 by 60cm = 7pounds ! and a bit of airfeed + 15 pounds, or less ! )

Last edited:
  SQ5
It is touching the turret yes! I can get away with another 15-20mm off of it I reckon. I've got some piping the same size as the hole in the box that went into it when it was down on a 45!

I'll get some more for it and seal it then a heat shield won't be needed :)

RS RIP
Rob, was yours used in the magazine topic where different airfilters were tried/compared? Your pics without the bonnet seem familiar ?

RS RIP
just noticed the engine mount is different in there. wierd.

engine does'nt have mounts as we know it on a race/cup car. When it would be flexible the sequential box would have difficulties so all the flex is taken out. No flexible engine mounts on a cup