ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New exhaust, toxic light

Had a new exhaust fitted few weeks back, no problems at all with it, went on a 500mile trip a few weeks back and no problems. took it out today just slowly going along in heavy traffic then toxic warning light came on for a few seconds then went off.

Kept checking dash and noticed very slightly my temp gauge was going up and down very very very slightly.

Any clues as to if it is to do with new exhaust? or any suggestions?

thanks very much

scott

172 cup
What exhaust? Have you had a de-cat fitted? As for temp guage you must just have a one with parkinsons

172 cup
If its gone off again I wouldnt worry. The lights usually comes on and stays on if theres a problem. If you have a de-cat the light being on is pretty much the norm

Its the first time its come on, was just curious to see if it has anything to do with my new exhaust. like i say just came on for few seconds then went off. Hopefully nothing to worry about!!!

thanks for your help mate

172 cup
Probably is down to new exhaust, could be a number of things but unless it comes on again dont worry

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Where did you get the exhaust from and how much was it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
if it's for the 172s entire system it's not the correct one then (probably) and defo won't be a Renault one for that price.

Edit: Assuming it's a 172?

Its not a renault one, its from the cat to the back i was told it only comes as one whole system???.....the back box is alot smaller then the original one that was on there and was told it would be alot quieter yet its fairly noisy

If it is the wrong one any solutions on what i can do?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As far as i'm aware there is no copy exhaust available, so no idea what you have fitted, genuine exhaust is £500+.

Yozzasport stealth is the only way to go IMO if you want a quiet replacement exhaust.

They got it all up on the system took reg number etc....and delivered it, i took it on a 500mile trip and no problems just a little noisy,

If i do continue to keep this one will it cause further problems to other stuff??? i may get a second opinion from a freind who is a mechanic

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've no idea, gagrages as a rule seam to know feck all about RSs. You'd need someone in the know to confirm, my knowledge is just what i've read on here.

but £120 seams stupidly cheap for an entire exhaust system.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it was my car i wouldn't worry, after all it is french.

172 cup
by 'wrong' exhaust you mean its not genuine then your correct rollo. Otherwise I dont see how you can say its wrong

S4 Avant
by 'wrong' exhaust you mean its not genuine then your correct rollo. Otherwise I dont see how you can say its wrong

Well if the bore was 1" in diameter, I'd say that was the wrong exhaust ;)

Double check exactly what you've got on there, I've had endless problems with exhausts in the past.