ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW ENGINE RR RESULTS - PINK RALLY CAR

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Well just got back from the rollers with the Clio. Summary is car transfored.....What a joy to drive! [:Y:]

Got down there a bit late due to traffic (bloody road works) not good with a poorly mapped stalling car with super keen clutch.

P1020611.jpg

Firstly the car wouldnt start so had to get the snap on super charger thing strapped on and a diagnosis of an alternator on its way out plus a potential dodgy connection somewhere possibly a master switch creating some resistance as the ECU needs 8v when cranking (same as my STAC dash dials). Anyways cars hubs where bolted to the hubs and away we go...

P1020612.jpg

Quick look at the origional map and its was ermmm "very basic" was the term used. So of we went load mapping at the diferent rpms 2.5 3 3.5 4 etc then the first power run was 185 at the wheels @ 7k.. mmm not bad. Bit more fiddling about sorting all the flatspots out and we got a little more. Lets try it without the lambda probe stuck in the back of the exhaust 194@wheels.!!!

So in summary car produced 194@wheels at 7.2k and 181 lbs of torque at 6.3k, Pips feedback was that he was impressed with the results as it idles spot on and is very smooth, he was expecting 175-180ish. Pip went for a little drive and came back with "its got some power now, hold on tight to the steering wheel".

Graph below comapring it to my previous engine. Drives mint and its a LOT faster than before..!!!

002.jpg

Just got to sort the breather system out and the voltage drop (alternator / masterswitch) etc and all ready for a proper shakedown.!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ITB (Jenvey), Modded Megane head,Custom CAT cams etc, Forged Hi comp pistons etc.. Built by APD.

172 cup
ITB (Jenvey), Modded Megane head,Custom CAT cams etc, Forged Hi comp pistons etc.. Built by APD.

f7r or f7p? Assuming its f7r with results like that, have heard before they kick out some decent power on that sort of set up

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Is this the pink machine that Fred or TDFhas/ had something todo with? Eitherway I love it lol

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
its hippychicks old one isnt it ?

Yes and then Fred and Yozza owned it but only the shell is the same everything has been changed....Gearbox / engine / suspension and brakes are all different now..

It does go well...:cool:

Clio 220 lpg
Very good results you must be very happy :approve: looks like you will need to keep it reving which is'nt easy when rallying

Last edited:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
looks like you will need to keep it reving which is'nt easy when rallying

Not at all, it pulls a lot better than the last engine especially from 3.5k (spooky it follows a very similar torque / power curve) all the way to the limiter and is very progressive power wise. Print out is one thing on the road it drives really well.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
very nice, my clio is being mapped on the 15th (my birthday) but wont be a patch on that, what sort of weight is the car?

our 205 is a 2 litre and made 238bhp at the flywheel at 8.2k and 200 lb ft and is blisteringly quick, so not surprised by you having a big smile on your face :D

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
What engine was that with because with them figures it would be worth about 20k

lol A longmans or similar btcc motor on itbs will make that kind of power and is nowhere near £20k. Be interested to see the spec though.
Any more info on the clio engine spec too, is it a mk1 cup car so not an F4r at all, 2.0 megane engine or 1.8 F4 with megane head only? Just curious.
Russ

Last edited:
  clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
What engine was that with because with them figures it would be worth about 20k

Not quite £20k, knock about £8k off that and you would be around the correct amount;)

Mi16 build by Pete Willis Engineering, who anyone past Exeter wouldnt have heard off as we are down in the sticks.

standard crank
steel rods
forged pistons
c/r 13.4-1
big valve ported head
Piper btcc ish cams
jenvey 42mm throttle bodies and Emerald ecu
Maniflow long primary 4-2-1 manifold
Mapped by Dave Walker then Sandy Brown

running a sadev 6 speed sequencial in a 205 which is under 800kg's in tarmac stage rallies:D

Im interested to know if this is an f7r or an f4r also....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
pip is a legend in the rx7 world... he made a 4 rotor pport motor last year aswel as a mates 3 rotor p port

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Hello gorgeous! Good to see rhubarb out and about! proper little weapon that thing

boobs1.jpg

Aww :)

Not quite £20k, knock about £8k off that and you would be around the correct amount;)

Mi16 build by Pete Willis Engineering, who anyone past Exeter wouldnt have heard off as we are down in the sticks.

standard crank
steel rods
forged pistons
c/r 13.4-1
big valve ported head
Piper btcc ish cams
jenvey 42mm throttle bodies and Emerald ecu
Maniflow long primary 4-2-1 manifold
Mapped by Dave Walker then Sandy Brown

running a sadev 6 speed sequencial in a 205 which is under 800kg's in tarmac stage rallies:D

Im interested to know if this is an f7r or an f4r also....
48mm bodies, do I know you? :p

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
ok yes they are 48mm jenveys...,but with 42mm chokes, that better?:rasp:

I may know you yes, your the supplier of yummy cake ( bu**er stole the pink one!) and i supplied the ingredients for a rather odd but very nice fruit based drink/concoction lol.

Good to see someone i know at last on here mate lol :)

Likewise, especially when people have different names (Sonny!)

For the benefit of anyone that's not really noticed, Wookie's 205 Willis engine is EPIC! With the quietest solid lifters I've ever not heard.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Just fitted a new exhaust system GpA 2.5" (mine was 2" and bashed in a few places) and now makes 240 ..!!!

First event at the weekend looking forward to getting it out, hope it stays in one piece...

Fuel surge is the next area to work on the car, happens when less have 1/2 tank after a left hander.

HBT 172 Cup
Megane Head and williams bottom end, i believe..

Almost 100% sure i saw this engine in craigs workshop before any work had been carried out, it was a full meganne engine. I remember taking the coil pack off of it because i thought mine wasnt fitting right on my engine.

182cup & 172 racecar
Just fitted a new exhaust system GpA 2.5" (mine was 2" and bashed in a few places) and now makes 240 ..!!!

First event at the weekend looking forward to getting it out, hope it stays in one piece...

Fuel surge is the next area to work on the car, happens when less have 1/2 tank after a left hander.

Swirl pot needed then.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
Our red 205 suffers from fuel surge the same, so we make sure it has over half a tank for each stage (read as too lazy to fit a swirl pot)

Can i ask where you got the grA system from and how much it was please? i have a 2 inch magnex system on mine as thats what was on it when i bought it and was looking at making a 2.5in system in the near future....

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
so APD built the engine? how long did it take?

Good power and excellent car though :D

Carl