ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New engine & Gearbox still a bit whinney

The gearbox failed on our 172 ph2.

Whiched ended in us getting a 18K 182 engine and then a fully recon'd gear box.

Now i thought the gearbox was on it's way out before as it whined a bit in second.

But this new install does exactly the same.

Are all 1*2 all whinney??

Or should i be worried?

Does it sound similar to a supercharger whine? because it might be something to do with the one of aux pulleys I think. Mine whines at about 3k rpm in 1st and 2nd.

Yes it does sound like a slight supercharger sound, and it is more apprent at that RPM.

I also had the full aux and cambelt kit done while the engine was out.

Golf GTD Mk7
not on my 182 mate, just the whistle low down. mates ph-quick has a whin about it. Box went first, then a new box put in, both belts done and it still makes the noise, but i'm sure i've read it's something to do with pullys or idlers.

Thanks for your fast replys, i will keep an eye on it but seems like it is common noise. As said all pulleys etc have been changed and i trust who has done it, as he has done a few before.