ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New engine for my 172Cup ; Ph1 (with Schrick cams?)

RS RIP
As my engine is even more damaged as we thought before, we're about to put in a completely overhauled Ph1 engine. I'm wanting to go the Schrick route on this engine.

@ Fred , Danny ; how will these cams perform on the Ph1 ? Actually when comparing Ph1 + Ph2 engines; are there ANY differences on these technically , or was it just the gear ratios on the box?

One more thing, will my 172 Cup ECU be able to run the Ph1 lump ? (making it possible to only change the lump + not all other stuff)

RS RIP
^^ Forgot about that !
​hm i wonder how these larger ports will function with my 182 exhaustmani .

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've only ever worked with schricks once, on a 172 cup. Car was quick but the cams were too damned expensive, and no better than other options.
ph1 head is best, 182 manifold is best. Rest of the engine is essentially the same so no need to worry about ECUs, just get it mapped