ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New earphone required - Recommendations please

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
OK, I am currently rocking some senheiser ear bud type things. They arent too bad, but just arent loud enough.

b****cks to total clarity, I like my music loud enough to induce tinitus, but would also like a decent bit of bass. Some of the ear bud ones do give good bass, so I dont want any of those big f**king can things that go over your head (as I will have done my hair befroe leaving the house)

I dont mind paying for quality, but now where lets you test different ones before buying for health reasons :mad:

Anyone recommend any?

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I have some Goldring ones, 220's IIRC. They cost me £30 and are good, very clear, good bass for the money and fit well.

Bus w**ker
I love my Sennheiser CX300II, old now but great sound quality, block out all the tards on the tram/in the gym and go plenty loud enough for me without leaking sound and annoying everyone around me. Although you're hard of hearing and chav-to-death so no doubt you want to blast some tinny s1k ch00nz so errerybody can worship your musical taste and marvel at your awesomeness.

In all seriousness though, surely the volume issue is actually a limiting factor on your phone and not the earphones them self?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Not loud enough??? Jesus are you nearly deaf ? Mine are only on about half way and there loud

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Skullcandy Titans I think mine are called. Have outlasted all my previous Senheisser ones and sound just as good

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I've got sennheiser too and I have to turn the wave down on my laptop as 1 bar is far too loud ! Sounds like your ear piece is the wrong size so your not getting a good seal or the device your playing it from inst amplifying well enough.

p.s I have tinnitus already and these are perfectly loud :D

Rav4
Do you use them in the gym?

I find them annoying actually, even though it blocks all the sound out, if the cord touches anything I can hear the cable, hard to explain but it's fecking annoying.

I love my Sennheiser CX300II, old now but great sound quality, block out all the tards on the tram/in the gym and go plenty loud enough for me without leaking sound and annoying everyone around me. Although you're hard of hearing and chav-to-death so no doubt you want to blast some tinny s1k ch00nz so errerybody can worship your musical taste and marvel at your awesomeness.

In all seriousness though, surely the volume issue is actually a limiting factor on your phone and not the earphones them self?

I find them annoying actually, even though it blocks all the sound out, if the cord touches anything I can hear the cable, hard to explain but it's fecking annoying.

Mine do the same but only notice when the music is off, if I'm drowning out the gym music its fine. They are great and at just over a tenner, worth a punt.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
TRUST ME.

TINITUS IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WANT! dont be a prick and just listen to music at sensible levels.

it is the single most f**king annoying piece of s**t in the world.

remember when i first developed it and it used to give me the most immense headaches. it was around the time they started to deploy those things that you put outside your house to stop "youths" hanging about. i just kept thinking, JESUS! theres a lot of those about. clearly there wasnt.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
TRUST ME.

TINITUS IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WANT! dont be a prick and just listen to music at sensible levels.

it is the single most f**king annoying piece of s**t in the world.

remember when i first developed it and it used to give me the most immense headaches. it was around the time they started to deploy those things that you put outside your house to stop "youths" hanging about. i just kept thinking, JESUS! theres a lot of those about. clearly there wasnt.

I know what you mean, I struggled to sleep a lot due to the ringing driving me mad. I've noticed the more I think about it the louder it seems to get.
I feel i'm lucky though, I could be much worse off :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
get a ticking clock. if you listen to the clock noise the ringing goes away.

mine was from gigging, clubbing and getting stoned and sitting infront of guitar amps and playing the guitar really loud.

wish i had worn earplugs. we all took the piss out of the drummer for wearing them.

Bus w**ker

Yeah mate have done for years, know what you mean though. When I first started using them I could hear myself breathing or the cable running on my coat lol, dead annoying but I'm so used to them now I can't hear a thing. The mk1s were worse, they whistled in the wind.

Rav4
That is exactly what I get, it drives me nuts, I bought the iphone ones, so a bit more money but can't stand the noise, when it rubs on my coat and so on, how the heck do you get used to it?

I must admit, they do block a lot of sound on, I put them on when my girlfriend is moaning/complaining/winging etc........

Yeah mate have done for years, know what you mean though. When I first started using them I could hear myself breathing or the cable running on my coat lol, dead annoying but I'm so used to them now I can't hear a thing. The mk1s were worse, they whistled in the wind.

Bus w**ker
how the heck do you get used to it?
Errm I've no idea, I just stopped noticing it one day and haven't since. Even when running on a treadmill and breathing hard.
I must admit, they do block a lot of sound on, I put them on when my girlfriend is moaning/complaining/winging etc........
LOL pretty sure that's one of the points they advertise them for...bet you wear them a hell of a lot! ;)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Sy, it might be. I upgraded the firmwear and lost the original headphone at the same time, so plugging my Senns in it didnt sound as loud? Hmmm

Maybe I should go back to 2.1? 2.2 is f**king irritating

Bus w**ker
Sy, it might be. I upgraded the firmwear and lost the original headphone at the same time, so plugging my Senns in it didnt sound as loud? Hmmm

Maybe I should go back to 2.1? 2.2 is f**king irritating
<fanboi>You should have bought an iPhone.</fanboi>

Or you could have just kept that f**king iPod that you got me to load with 40Gb of music for you, after whinging for weeks on end, and then sold the week you got it back, you ungrateful c**t.

Rav4
pmsl!!!

<fanboi>You should have bought an iPhone.</fanboi>

Or you could have just kept that f**king iPod that you got me to load with 40Gb of music for you, after whinging for weeks on end, and then sold the week you got it back, you ungrateful c**t.

I need some headphones too - for the gym though. The I've been using the dirge apple ones for ages, they've had finally enough of the sweat and steam. I really want some of the Beats by Dre ones, but I reckon it'd be a bit of a waste for me as I'd only use them at the gym and running.
Tempted to get some stupendously brightly-coloured cans. I'll look like the coolest gymdude ever.

Bus w**ker
I need some headphones too - for the gym though.
I'm going to order the Sennheiser OMX 680i Sports I think. After using my CX300II whilst snowboarding in Italy I realised that it's not such a good idea, the sound was great but I couldn't hear anything around me with them both in, which I wasn't comfortable with, and if the bud popped out when I was putting a beanie or my lid on I had to take off my glove to get the little s**t back in lol. Plus they're waterproof which won't hurt.

As I'm also running more at the minute and about to move to street running being able to hear what's going on around me won't hurt there either.

Oh and they're also iPhone compatable and have a built in mic, so I can answer calls when I've got them on without having to mess about dragging it out of a pocket or armband...although people will just think I'm heavy breathing down the phone at them.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Radiopaq Custom Tuned Jazz Earphones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0022NHHZY/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&qid=1297735009&sr=8-1

Although these are jazz tuned (I'm not into jazz) they excel in every department offering excellent base reproduction :)

I've just bought my second pair after losing my first! You can get them off amazon for £30 (used to be £60).

They are bar far the best headphones I've ever used sub £100. If you don't believe me check out avforums, they get raved about.

I was absolutely taken back by the sound quality! I Believe they are now longer in production so grab a bargain while you can :)

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
15958028_6975fc7eb0.jpg