ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New dogbone and mounts ... rattle?

Clio Sport 182 '05
Just fitted a new rear exhaust rubber (powerflex) and a new doggone upfront (again powerflex). All went well until I got her off the ramp and started her up ... Huge rattlingrattling on idle and revs.
Reckon it's just a heatshield issue or could the mounts be too stiff?

Pictures to follow. Any help would be awesome.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Heat shield probably, can you put it back on the ramp whilst running and have a nose ?

What a coincidence. Did my dog bone today and mine did exactly the same but seemed to calm down after a bit but is still there. I might just take the heat shield off

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Be very surprised if it's anything else, nothing else you've done would cause it. If the clips are broken just rip it off, tried to many times to get broken ones to stop rattling it's nit worth the time or effort lol

Clio Sport 182 '05
UPDATE
Took the rear heat shield out ... no change, still violent vibrating when idling and under revs.

R14LYX: Heres a pic of the dogbone, right way?

IMAG0035.jpg

Cheers

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Couldn't spot any thing under the car with it running ? Exhaust isn't touching the bracket that's just there to catch the exhaust if it's snaps is it ? My golf is atm and that sounds horrendous

Clio Sport 182 '05
No mate, got under, had a good look all the way from manifold to the back box, was close to the heat shield so she came out, but nothing else is ay where near. Guessing it must be the stiff new exhaust mount???