ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clutch..

Clio Sport 172
Hi Everyone.. Just had my car taken into the garage due to (rumbling in 1st gear when accerlerating and a grinding noise coming from the clutch being depressed).. They quoted 8 hours labour and clutch parts to be £680.. Is this the usual kind of price expected? Anyone know of any cheaper around the North Somerset Area...

Thanks In Advance..

Mark

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Seems a little expensive, i have a slightly rumbly clutch release bearing and i was quoted around 480 mate

172 cup- suzu rf600r
i dont know any in your area but thats quite expensive, do a search and im sure youl find prices/places more suitable

Clio Sport 172
Well i basically bought the car a weel ago so the trader obviously knew it was on its way out. Do i have any 'sales of goods act' rights? Anything i can kind of quote to them as its soooo expensive... When it starts going, is it still ok to drive with it?

Thanks Guys...

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
you could also damage the flywheel mate, if it is a glaringly obvious fault you should have spotted it, but the dealer should do something as a good will gesture.

Clio Sport 172
Would it be ok to drive until the weekend... Motorway driving it would be... The only thing i noticed was the clutch was slightly stiff... But the forums told me to expect that with clio's... Not cool.... :(

182/ 172 Cup
Why will it damage the flywheel? Un-even wear?
my realease bearings abit noisy and my clutch is stiff, I didn't realise I could damage my fly?

Clio Sport 172
I have taken it into the garage and they said its the clutch bearing that has gone... common fault? But they said as its a three part clutch it would have to all be replaced.... £670? :(
Gaz is on holiday until next week mate..

340i
three part clutch?

release bearings are common'ish to sound noisey and can be for months and months

I've not heard of many fail...? But that isn't to say they don't fail

Clio Sport 172
Can they not just replace the bearing? They said this results in the issues im having pulling away & the grinding noise from when i dip the clutch...

ITB'd MK1
Please take my earlier advice. Gas is probably the most competent clio man in the area, and he owns 5 himself. Longwell green service station

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
i had mine go last year. it was rumbling for about 3 months. a valeo kit is just over £100 from eurocarparts i think. the rest is labour. it is quite a big job. lot of labour involved. think its quoted as 6 hours so depends on hourly rate

Clio Sport 172
Mr Clutch....

Hello everyone...

Sadly its time for my clio 172 to have a new clutch fitted to it... Has anyone had any experience with Mr clutch.. As they have quoted me 263.95 for parts, labour everything with a 2 year guarentee....when normal garages have said £600 + can some one please advise me :approve: