ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clutch time?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Legend, thanks mate, takes it to £61.

@Chris_Beer is this the right one? Premium should be Valeo?

IMG_5718.PNG

IMG_5717.PNG

If £425 is cheap, i won't say what i was charged. Makes that sound extortionate. Only paid £40 for the clutch though.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Gearbox oil arrived Monday, but still no sign of the clutch.. 😧

Just rang them, they said 'the clutch went out from our Birmingham office on Monday morning, but was returned to depot on Monday night because they loaded too many parcels onto the truck, so it will be on its way today' .. doh!

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What's the blue thing, out of interest? And is the small thing the release bearing, the thing that's causing my grief?

330i. E30 Touring.
What's the blue thing, out of interest? And is the small thing the release bearing, the thing that's causing my grief?

Release bearing, yep.

The shiny silver part taps into the flywheel of the car, then you use the blue tool to align the clutch plate. You can do it by eye pretty easily, but the tool makes it pretty simple.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just had a text saying the subframe bolts were fucked so they had to cut them out and replace them, taking hour and a half so it's going to be an extra £40. Joys!

330i. E30 Touring.
Just had a text saying the subframe bolts were fucked so they had to cut them out and replace them, taking hour and a half so it's going to be an extra £40. Joys!

They've made hard work of that TBH. If it's the front ones, you can get a swan neck spanner into the top of the bolt. If it's rears, you can get a spanner on them also.

Meh, as long as the car comes back right, no problems for £40.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They do rust up to f**k those bolts.

Breaking my mates Ph1 the other week we just about managed to get them out. The impact gun made it worse as it was trying to round the head, but a breaker bar got them out ok.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just went to drive off and drove straight back. Gears feel out of place and struggled to find reverse. Currently adjusting gear linkages apparently.

Neutral:

IMG_5751.JPG

Fifth:

IMG_5752.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
They told me to be there for 4, i got there at 10 to as they were putting the airbox on. They did say 'sorry mate would have driven it up and down the road if you werent here'.

All done now though and feels amazing, so soft. I always thought a hard peddle was a good thing!

Old clutch:
IMG_5750.JPG

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Bumping up an old thread!

Im purchasing a new clutch shortly and wondered if anyone has a discount code for GSF I could use please?