ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clutch needed, where's best in south west?

Clio 182 and Boxster
Hi there, clutch starting to slip. So I would like to know who you'd recommend to do a good job and a rough price please. May also have drive shafts replaced at the same time.
Many thanks,
Julian.

Clio 182 and Boxster
Monday 3/3 is the soonest I have, would need the car for a day (take the other half shopping in Clark's village whilst the work is being done)

I normally have Fridays off so was thinking maybe 07/03/14 but have other commitments on that day, the following week I'm on a course in Guildford. So might not be until Friday 21st March. I will get back to you ASAP when I know 100%.
But will definitely using your good self to fit my clutch. I also think this May lead other other jobs/mods!!!
Thanks for the quick response,
Julian

I did mine myself... Wish I hadn't, but it's always nice when it comes out the other side

£350 is a good price as the clutch kit alone is around £100 plus the gear oil, plug washer etc, time, and any fiddly bits!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yep dan is right, paddle clutch is well suited but a pita. Standard clutch the way you drive, i give it Moreton cross, flol.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
It wont, the first time you come properly on boost it will slip like mad.

You would need to turn the boost down significantly to use a standard clutch.

Cheers mate, the left leg is building nicely so ill leave it as is..