ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New CCTV Camera

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I like a good bit of CCTV, ive used/owned a number of different setups over the years.

purchased this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141809385043?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

my very first impressions are I'm impressed :)

for £30 is an utter bargin, quality is very very good, I'm pretty sure the frame rate isn't 30fps but it is very dark outside so will check again in full light tomorrow. the video quality is better than my 2/3 year old £100 ip camera.

took me about 10mins to setup, it was pretty easy (I know what I'm doing with this Chinese software by now)

I would upload some video but it records in h264 format and I'm not sure how to get that on youtube

its a bit more involved than a more expensive one as you need to put it in your own housing but I like doing that sort of thing. its small, runs off 12v and its worth every penny

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Looks cool! How big is this thing? I imagine its quite small?
It's very small.

But some bad news, it's not very good at night it would seem after a week of use. Really pleased with day time picture quality.
My current camera is much better of a night

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
What is your better camera ? Looking to put one here and at my parents house so on the look out.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Ive just ordered a Foscam Ip dome camera. Was about 60 quid, has POE and a micro SD slot, both of which are important for me. Pick it up today and will let you know how it is!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Ive just ordered a Foscam Ip dome camera. Was about 60 quid, has POE and a micro SD slot, both of which are important for me. Pick it up today and will let you know how it is!
link to camera?

and look forward to hearing results

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Foscam is great for home use.

They also set it up for me via teamviewer...

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131329259283?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Unboxed last night and was impressed with the quality - really nicely put together. The camera sphere is in 2 halves and unscrews to fit the micro SD card.

Downloaded the apps and really struggling to get the camera setup - it asks for a username and password, default this is admin/blank, but the app wont let you just leave the password blank!

I think I am better of setting it up using a pc and internet explorer, looking through the manual it seems to have all of the functions I would need, its just a shame setup from ipad/phone is so difficult!

Will give it another go at the weekend.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131329259283?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Unboxed last night and was impressed with the quality - really nicely put together. The camera sphere is in 2 halves and unscrews to fit the micro SD card.

Downloaded the apps and really struggling to get the camera setup - it asks for a username and password, default this is admin/blank, but the app wont let you just leave the password blank!

I think I am better of setting it up using a pc and internet explorer, looking through the manual it seems to have all of the functions I would need, its just a shame setup from ipad/phone is so difficult!

Will give it another go at the weekend.
if you don't know what your doing they can be really difficult to setup. ive done a few of these Chinese ones now so know what im doing but I have really struggled in the past