ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New cat needed!!

RS 172
I need to get a new cat for my 172. I've been thinking about the sports cat from k-tec or from janspeed. I've struggled to find many or any reviews of these systems. Could anyone who has had either of these or know anything about them give me some advice or an alternative cat to go for?

Cheers.

Chocolate Bar™
janspeed and k-tec are one of the few people to do an aftermarket cat. otherwise you can go to pro-speed, H&S etc. to have a custom sports cat made up. basically a universal one but with the pipework made by them. i was quoted a few prices from £150 to £230 for this - so probably the easier way to go as its also fitted.

Lots of Alfas
The k-tec one is actually the exact same as the janspeed sports cat. Ive got it and cant complain, passes a mot no problems and fits perfectly.

RS 172
Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to go for the k-tec sports cat, i will be getting it fitted at work at the cost of giving the tech the old cat!
Does anyone know if the k-tec cat comes with the gasket for the join to the centre section and the fixing kit for the front pipe?

Chocolate Bar™
k-tec will be able to supply the gasket and fitting kit. but otherwise you can get them from renault for about £11 iirc.

ph quick
mines got a ktec on it, seems alright, didnt have the car before though so cant tell you if it made much difference... Took a while to pass emissions on my mot last week but it got through eventually

Clio 172 mk2
Had my K-tec sports cat on for a couple of years and has passed mots with ease.

It will throw up the emissions light othough on the dash which you'll have to get cleared with an OBD reader

Lots of Alfas
Theres a seller on ebay that sells the janspeed one (same as k-tec) for a bit cheaper. As said you will need a new gasket and fitting kit (not expensive from renault. The emissions light wont come on if its a 172mk1 as it only has 1 downstream sensor.