ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new car

hi guys, been thinkin bout new car for a while as the clio is proving expensive (drinkin petrol), and just fancy a change.

been thinkin TDi (dont scream at me!) for a while, just coz i travel bout alot and need to save money.

was browsin round the other day and i saw that Ford are doing a limited edition Focus TDCi Sport, they are only making 500. It comes in the Imperial Blue (the one they use on the Focus RS), and it has lots of other extras, looks very nice!

wondering if anyone has, or has driven TDis (especially focus tdis) so they can tell me whether or not they think its a good idea?

its got 115bhp and 250nm torque. this is higher than my car, i know its heavier, but im thinkin Superchip or similar, they put up bhp n torque quite substantially dont they.

basically, help! going to look at a focus n give it a drive tomoro so i put on my old wheels and standard lights to get a realistic PartEx quote (have to say, loving the old lights back on it!)

cheers for the help (hopefully!)

mike

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

that site is dirt cheap!

Magnetic fuel ioniser. ..

£42.54

High flow air filter. ..

£32.00

Boost pressure adjuster kit. ..

£24.00

Boost pressure control kit. ..

£35.00

Fuelling control kit. ..

£38.00

Formula ZX1 special engine treatment (200ml). ..

£14.00

Free flow high performance stainless steel exhaust. ..

£285.00

Service exchange turbocharger. ..

£385.00

Special build hybrid turbocharger (exchange). ..

£485.00

Polished aluminium battery cover. ..

£30.00

Aluminium power steering tank. ..

£78.00

Water header tank. ..

£78.00

Oil breather/oil catch tank. ..

£68.00

BMW 328 Ci

The focus 2.0 tdci came 10th in 10 most like petrol engined cars feature in the tog gear mag this month. So i quess its pretty good.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Mack on 02 June 2004

The focus 2.0 tdci came 10th in 10 most like petrol engined cars feature in the tog gear mag this month. So i quess its pretty good.
dont get wat u mean? the focus DIESEL engine came 10th in 10 most liked PETROL engines?

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 02 June 2004

isnt the focus about to change shape later this year?
Think so, thats probably why they are starting to do "special Editions", still, if you aint bothered about having new model, some good bargains can be had.

went to ford garage last night, they will only give me 4800 for my car!!!! well pissed off, think ill be going private!!!