ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car tax.. i dont get it

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i dont really know lol , i couldnt work out if that was extra? as some cars were like £40??

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I don't think that banding affects the old reg anway.

I thought it was only 51 - Plates >

We will find out today anyway!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think you will all be paying more after 12.30 today,

Just to chear you all up ...lol

ian

Cooper S JCW
But at least we will be getting better roads with paying more - ROFL

Is it just me or are the roads everywhere cr*p these days?

Silver 182 with cup packs
Here's the information straight out of the report. All you need to do is check what banding your car comes into...

"As with fuel duty rates, the Government today announces VED rates for this year and the next two years to further sharpen environmental signals to motorists to purchase more fuel efficient vehicles and continue to support the development of low-carbon market, including:

• raising the rate for the most polluting cars (band G) to £300 in 2007-08 and £400 in 2008-09; and reducing the rate for low-carbon band B cars to £35 in 2007-08, with that rate then frozen for the subsequent two years;

• raising the rates for graduated bands C-E, cars registered before 2001 and all light goods vehicles by £5 in each of the next three years;

• raising the rates for graduated band F by £10 in 2007-08, then £5 in each of the subsequent two years;

• Changes to this year’s VED rates take effect from 22 March 2007. All changes in subsequent years take effect from licenses commencing 1 April in the respective year."

The bottom line for 182 owners (i.e. me) is a £10 increase this year, followed by £5 each of the following years.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Here's the information straight out of the report. All you need to do is check what banding your car comes into...

"As with fuel duty rates, the Government today announces VED rates for this year and the next two years to further sharpen environmental signals to motorists to purchase more fuel efficient vehicles and continue to support the development of low-carbon market, including:

• raising the rate for the most polluting cars (band G) to £300 in 2007-08 and £400 in 2008-09; and reducing the rate for low-carbon band B cars to £35 in 2007-08, with that rate then frozen for the subsequent two years;

• raising the rates for graduated bands C-E, cars registered before 2001 and all light goods vehicles by £5 in each of the next three years;

• raising the rates for graduated band F by £10 in 2007-08, then £5 in each of the subsequent two years;

• Changes to this year’s VED rates take effect from 22 March 2007. All changes in subsequent years take effect from licenses commencing 1 April in the respective year."

The bottom line for 182 owners (i.e. me) is a £10 increase this year, followed by £5 each of the following years.

Ok what band is my cup ? i have just brought my wife a brand new 200 cdi a class the tax on that is £110 ?

Tangoed Works
So we pay a tenner more i guess. The basic rate tax reduction is a touch for those earning higher up the scale, but a bummer for those not.

106 GTi
Could have been worse then.

Still is an uffair system when other older 2.0 litre upwards polluting shitboxs made pre 2001 cars get cheaper tax!

I love the way people cry 4x4 the minute 'pollution' is mentioned. I bet the larger percentage of 'Chelsea Tractors' are Diesel and probably fall in lower bands than the RenaultSports!!!!

My issue with vehicles like that is simply that most of them are owned by people with no awareness, little skill and more often and not the car drives them!

From a pollution stand point it's all b*ll*x. Our total contribution to world CO2 production is minimal and by the time we've fought our way to half of next to nothing China and India will have increased there output 100 times over!!!!

Also I believe more and more scientists are suggesting that we're simply going through one of the sun's hot periods and greenhouse gases etc... have nothing to do with it, although you never see that in the news!!!!!

Cooper S JCW
chief - you've hit the nail on the head - the uk's contirbution to world CO2 levels is a little under 2%

The US - China - India are by far the worst offenders and until they stop increasing their levels it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference what we do!

CB600FS
They're taxing the UK, congestion charges, encouraging car share schemes, recycling plastics etc and whatever else, but doesn't US & China account for over 90% of the worlds pollution??

If thats true do I don't see that we're going to make a significant difference surely?

Edit - I didn't realise it was that low Munchkin!! 2% FFS!

Last edited: