ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car, New Problems?

I'm the recent recipent of a BG Clio 182 with 102,000 on her which im sure will upset some purists here, I'm not very saavy with cars in general so was just looking for some information on what I should be looking for to make sure my car isnt going to die soon?

I was told it recently had a service but I will be re-doing that soon, is there anything other than the usual oils and filters that should be done? The cambelt was completed just under 4 years and 30,000 miles ago and serviced by the original owner at Renault garages approx every 12,000 miles but dosnt have any reciepts since the last service 20,000 miles ago.

Its been slightly modded with uprated grooved discs and KTR stainless brake lines and a KTR de-cat and APX Sports springs

The original owner has a few CS Stickers and a tax disc holder so wonder if he is still on here a Mr Luke "G" from Reading with the license plate begining RY04.

Any help on these would be appreciated, thanks.

Dont have a pic im in work, the bodywork is ok but for a 7 year old car with over 100,000 miles it definitly isnt mint. The plate is RY04 ULP, cheers.

I was aware that it would be coming up to be done but not yet, anything else really I should be looking out for on these?

I thought I knew all about them till I joined here and was inundated with information which I couldnt comprehend.

Its got both cup packs also but obviously as I said the springs have since been changed.

Its a fair bit of mileage but it should be good to go if its serviced properly. Clutch might go fairly soon if its not been done, but then again its probably spent most of its life on the motorway so who knows. Other things like rear shocks (Have probably been done already), engine mounts might be likely to go, but nothing major.

Enjoy it, hope you got it for a good price!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'm the recent recipent of a BG Clio 182 with 102,000 on her which im sure will upset some purists here, I'm not very saavy with cars in general so was just looking for some information on what I should be looking for to make sure my car isnt going to die soon?

Why would 102,000 miles upset purists? Cars should be driven!

The RS clios have strong engines gearboxes TBH.

My Mk2 172 is now on 133,000 miles and runs better than ever. I had a gearbox recon and new clutch fitted at 130,000 miles ( the clutch was still fine)

I've just broken 82K :) Bodywork is good bar the 82k's worth of stone chips on the front... I have noticed it's getting a few more rattles and creakier though lol!!

Its a fair bit of mileage but it should be good to go if its serviced properly. Clutch might go fairly soon if its not been done, but then again its probably spent most of its life on the motorway so who knows. Other things like rear shocks (Have probably been done already), engine mounts might be likely to go, but nothing major.

Enjoy it, hope you got it for a good price!

Yeah it does seem to have been serviced properly and through driving havent noticed too many faults to be honest lots of small things that dont really matter and can try fix in the long haul (Radio and radio controls on the wheel etc).

How would I know the clutch is going just the smell? My father had a 911 and his friend burnt the clutch out so that smell is seared into my mind. How much would clutch engine mounts cost?

The reason I got it was largely due to the price tbh, was in England last summer looking for one but couldnt find the right one and then was going to buy a Glanza (Super chav) until I saw this for sale and its what I wanted so jumped at it and got a good price that I could afford, was roughly half what I was looking at last summer with 70,000 miles.

Why would 102,000 miles upset purists? Cars should be driven!

The RS clios have strong engines gearboxes TBH.

My Mk2 172 is now on 133,000 miles and runs better than ever. I had a gearbox recon and new clutch fitted at 130,000 miles ( the clutch was still fine)

Most on here seem to have reletivly low miles just so thought that maybe the higher milers were looked down on. Good to know there should be some more life in her yet.

I've just broken 82K :) Bodywork is good bar the 82k's worth of stone chips on the front... I have noticed it's getting a few more rattles and creakier though lol!!

Ditto the bonnet on mine is a bit worse than just stone chips, I dont know how but it can only really be described as Wavvy above the grille but oh well.