ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car for the summer...... oh s*** wrong season.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
so not sure how many manufacturers are doing this but they certainly all should be
It's a pretty cool idea, I got one from Renault aldershot basically just looked at tread depth and brake disk wear. Shame the actual service they provided was fkin appalling.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Both fiat and BMW have done those videos on our cars.

Did they find anything wrong with the car during the health check. While in for the airbag recall mine was noted as having the wrong size tyres (previous owner has fitted slightly wider tyres than standard), and they also picked up on some cracks in the front brake flexi pipes.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly Youtube had taken video down, only citing their community guidelines. I suspect copyright but as its a video given to me for my use I'm hoping they will review. --ETA-- looks like they have reinstated it.
Did they find anything wrong with the car during the health check. While in for the airbag recall mine was noted as having the wrong size tyres (previous owner has fitted slightly wider tyres than standard), and they also picked up on some cracks in the front brake flexi pipes.
Only a minor diff leak and a broken exhaust bracket. All very positive.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Android direct fit head unit - thats my weekend taken care of :)

E46-XtronsStereo.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Interesting.... do update on how that unit works out.
I've only ever read bad things about cheap Chinese android or Windows head units, and my Parrott Asteroid is a total nail.

But If that one's actually good, I might have to give them another look

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I've had mixed reviews, a Friend has a similar unit in his focus and is happy. Online the general consensus being the 'branded' versions being better. So this is branded (well the box and instructions are!). But at £220 its not a biggie if it turns out to be crap, I will sell on and buy something different.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car, personally i think the m3 should be tin top, but i do love a bit of top down motoring, day, night, summer or winter who cares! Least you can hear the exhaust a bit more with the roof down :)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Loved my old convertible M3 but I'd avoid the hard top as it's a pain in the arse to store, takes 2 people to fit and remove and it's weighty too.

They sound brilliant when you've the roof down driving along side high walls, buildings revving it right out!

An orange one
Also a former E46 M3 vert owner, I actually prefer the vert looks over the coupe.

Standout memory is me and a mate, blazing down the M6 at 2am in the winter with the roof down, good times!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I have very limited experience with a DSLR, but borrowed my bros and a quick play around and a little post production I'm quite pleased. Shame the weather made it harder and stopped play early.

BMW-M3-LightPaint960.jpg

BMW-M3-Pylon960.jpg

BMW-M3-Bridge960.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Dave hows the 'wind in the hair experience' !? :wink:

You bald b*****d! 😂

I know I tease you buying a vert, but regardless who cares about my opinion. It's a lovely car and I'm happy that you've finally bought one! :up:

I need to come over and have a gander

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I always hated that shape cab anyway but looks great with the roof down.

Soft tops imo only when the car is built for the soft top. Boxster and Mx5 as an example. They flow better.

Anyway nice example.