ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car for Castle Combe

Clio 172 Sport
Since my last track day I've now sold my 172 phase 2 sport and gone for some thing a bit newer.

I've now got a 60 plate Impreza Sti with a forged engine.

Clio was a lot of fun on track whilst on sportlines and handled like a it was on rails.

Anyone done a track day in a similar Scooby?

BdS9M2uhPME

BdS9M2uhPME

Cheers

Love that shape scooby but IMO an AWD motor doesn't make a great track car due to the natural understeer and weight of them.

Don't get me wrong it'll be quick with decent tyres and pads but they just lack the fun factor of the little Clio's and it'll blitz through consumables compared to the light Clio.

I had a Mazda 6 MPS and got it on track and it just didn't feel right as a track car, albit the STI is a much more track focused car but it' the same principle with AWD.

Sure you'll love it though. Have you driven AWD on track before? As it takes a bit of getting used to, fast in, lift off to the bring the rear around and back on the power getting the diffs doing there thing..

Clio 172 Sport
Cheers for the reply.

I thought as much, Clio was great fun round combe...not the fastest but handled like a go kart and never ran out of brakes.

Will see how the Scooby does, it's totally standard so guessing it'll run out of brakes after a couple of laps due to it being half a tonne heavier than the Clio!

Used to have a blob eye Wrx that I took on track but that was no where near as much fun.

Looks like I might be spending some money on suspension and brakes next year

If it's just a track car then you could remove a lot of weight which would make a huge difference and it's free. Shame to pull that apart though.

Tyres and brakes is where I'd start.

Clio 172 Sport
I managed to sell the idea of another impreza as it's a 'family' car more than the Clio was :tonguewink:

Simon@ASTUK

ClioSport Trader
  BMW E30 M3
Cheers for the reply.

I thought as much, Clio was great fun round combe...not the fastest but handled like a go kart and never ran out of brakes.

Will see how the Scooby does, it's totally standard so guessing it'll run out of brakes after a couple of laps due to it being half a tonne heavier than the Clio!

Used to have a blob eye Wrx that I took on track but that was no where near as much fun.

Looks like I might be spending some money on suspension and brakes next year

Good choice of car Luke, Castle Combe is always a track to let you know whether your brakes are up to the job!

As well as Renault, AST have long been associated with Subaru Imprezas and are able to supply our 5100 kit for your model.

Simon @ AST Suspension UK

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Since my last track day I've now sold my 172 phase 2 sport and gone for some thing a bit newer.

I've now got a 60 plate Impreza Sti with a forged engine.

Clio was a lot of fun on track whilst on sportlines and handled like a it was on rails.

Anyone done a track day in a similar Scooby?

BdS9M2uhPME

BdS9M2uhPME

Cheers
Nice car. I have a bugeye Spec C type RA, I did Bedford in mine. It was my very first track day and all I was after was learning about the car. At the time I was on Goodyear eagle F1s, not the best tyre for track but it was fun.[emoji23][emoji41]

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a Blobeye Scoob Was a very capable car, even more so after id spent abit of money on it.
BC Type RA Coilvers With pillowball topmounts
Whiteline Front ARB
Whiteline Rear ARB
Whiteline Anti-Lift kit
Powerflex BlackEdition Steering Rack Bushes
Powerflex Arm Bushes
Eaibach camber bolts rear
New OEM Balljoints
New OEM Track Rod Ends
New OEM Inner Tie Rods
New Drop links
Brembo’s Front and rear fully Recon'd and powder coated
Braided brake lines
Godspeed G hook Discs
Carbone Loraine RC5+ pads
Bridgestone Potenza RE070
STI Alloys (To FitOver Brembo’s)
Geometry Setup for Fast Road spec By Aline

For me though it felt to capable and easy to drive very fast, which is a credit to the car but i just didnt find it that fun. Amazing cars just not for me

@JB21 is right though "fast in, lift off to the bring the rear around and back on the power" in my experience on track with AWD they are very stable and happily let you go full kamikaze into most corners
80-img_0508_a9d34520a20debb9052d4b3b18dbc42406322e21.jpg

168.JPG

169.JPG

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I had a Blobeye Scoob Was a very capable car, even more so after id spent abit of money on it.
BC Type RA Coilvers With pillowball topmounts
Whiteline Front ARB
Whiteline Rear ARB
Whiteline Anti-Lift kit
Powerflex BlackEdition Steering Rack Bushes
Powerflex Arm Bushes
Eaibach camber bolts rear
New OEM Balljoints
New OEM Track Rod Ends
New OEM Inner Tie Rods
New Drop links
Brembo’s Front and rear fully Recon'd and powder coated
Braided brake lines
Godspeed G hook Discs
Carbone Loraine RC5+ pads
Bridgestone Potenza RE070
STI Alloys (To FitOver Brembo’s)
Geometry Setup for Fast Road spec By Aline

For me though it felt to capable and easy to drive very fast, which is a credit to the car but i just didnt find it that fun. Amazing cars just not for me

@JB21 is right though "fast in, lift off to the bring the rear around and back on the power" in my experience on track with AWD they are very stable and happily let you go full kamikaze into most corners
View attachment 1351805
View attachment 1351806
View attachment 1351807
See now my spec c has Cusco plated LSDs, when I go into a bend it wants to come on boost and get it's ass out.

Clio 172 Sport
Well the Scooby didn't last long! Ended up selling it and I've now bought a 2009 Audi S4 and f##k me it's fast! It makes the Scooby seem like a Nissan Micra!

535d / t5 caravelle
Well the Scooby didn't last long! Ended up selling it and I've now bought a 2009 Audi S4 and f##k me it's fast! It makes the Scooby seem like a Nissan Micra!
Pics and is it modded?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Sport
Yeah it's had a few things done, Apr exhaust, Apr intake, smaller supercharger pulley and stage 2 remap taking it to around 460bhp....bloody love it

Attachments

• 20180214_191530.jpg
    20180214_191530.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 87
  • 20180214_191336.jpg
    20180214_191336.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
  Mec 350 slk manual
Nice car. I have a bugeye Spec C type RA, I did Bedford in mine. It was my very first track day and all I was after was learning about the car. At the time I was on Goodyear eagle F1s, not the best tyre for track but it was fun.[emoji23][emoji41]
Was that with hell cat

535d / t5 caravelle
460 bhp! Yes please, very nice motor, even more so with that kind of power, what kind of price range are these?

Clio 172 Sport
460 bhp! Yes please, very nice motor, even more so with that kind of power, what kind of price range are these

You can pick one up for around £12k now.

I paid a little more to get one with a few less miles on (82k) and is really really good condition with a good spec (I wanted the wingback S4 seats).

All in all I'm chuffed with it so will see how it does at Combe this year compared to the Clio

Last edited:
Very nice, albeit far too heavy for track but still capable non the less. It'll probably get through a set of tyres and brakes in a day if really pushing.

535d / t5 caravelle
You can pick one up for around £12k now.

I paid a little more to get one with a few less miles on (82k) and is really really good condition with a good spec (I wanted the wingback S4 seats).

All in all I'm chuffed with it so will see how it does at Combe this year compared to the Clio
I'd like that as the family run around