ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car - First Car

Megane 275 Trophy
Haha its good isnt it, Erm yeah I think im just lucky with job title, and area I live in and stuff, im looking at it being half of last years policy so im pretty happy :)

Megane 275 Trophy
Thanks everyone, I absolutely love it, and on a even happier note css is only 35mins away from me this year so I shall be bringing her to the ball!

My plan for this one is to keep it clean and maintained, it has a full Renault service history (bought and serviced at the same garage) and just the one owner. All I have touched is sidelights, interior and number plate lights to leds,
Silvervisions,
Steering wheel trim.

I plan to get some bosch wipers and possibly a wheel refurb in the future.

A couple more pictures for the thread..
uploadfromtaptalk1427916743403.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427916994013.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427917024428.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427917093364.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427917350814.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427917386206.jpg

Megane 275 Trophy
Think I will just renew them the same colour, I like the way they are now, its just the previous owners curbing and then poor "marker pen" like cover up/repair job thats going on haha

Listerine & Poledo
AHA!
Well, that would certainly help, yes.

Now, just font go tooling about like a wannabe Paul Walker, because the Lincs traffic police like nothing more than finding kids in chavvy motors and splatting them with massive points, fines and bans

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
AHA!
Well, that would certainly help, yes.

Now, just font go tooling about like a wannabe Paul Walker, because the Lincs traffic police like nothing more than finding kids in chavvy motors and splatting them with massive points, fines and bans

Is it still the case that if you get 6 points or more in the first 2 years of driving, then you have to take a re-test?

Megane 275 Trophy
Haha thanks guys, yeah it is and im on no points which also helps. but I spent so much on the car its not worth being an arse of a driver. I take so much pride in it :)

Listerine & Poledo
Dad 'added on' :wink: haha. Only joking.
I was thinking EXACTLY that.
Is it still the case that if you get 6 points or more in the first 2 years of driving, then you have to take a re-test?
Yes.

But kids will be kids, they still reckon the route to a girls sausage-wallet is by setting lap times in Halfords

Haha thanks guys, yeah it is and im on no points which also helps. but I spent so much on the car its not worth being an arse of a driver. I take so much pride in it :smile:

Good lad, be careful out there. I hated driving around that part of the world. Too many tractors, lorries, caravans and single-carriage trunk roads

Megane 275 Trophy
Haha no im not fronting, even if I wanted to by dad wouldnt let me.. Which is sensible I guess.. And haha girls do like it ;) and yeah the roads may be like that but loads better than motorway driving :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Nice. I bought my RB 200 when I was 18, my insurance was around £900, so similar. Guess mine may have been less as I had already had an ST (and 3 1.2's.. I had a problem with car swapping when I was younger).

Lovely car, treat it with respect and you'll be fine, I'd have one again.

Listerine & Poledo
Typically car history makes absolutely zero impact on insurance prices.
at 18, it cost £1500 to insure a 1.5 (no turbo) diesel Corsa. And that was in a sleepy village where the last crime occurred in 1823.
Still, with maximum NCB (5yrs earned through aforementioned diesel Corsa, pulling 50mpg), pick a car and I bet it'll cost less than £300 a year now.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm paying money through the nose, £2950 for a 1.2 16v.

EDIT: I'm 20.
FUQ!
Have you already crashed several times whilst speeding away from police?
I mean, Preston, yes, that's an extra £500 before we even get started but......jeez, thats exceptional.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice upgrade.

Typically car history makes absolutely zero impact on insurance prices.
at 18, it cost £1500 to insure a 1.5 (no turbo) diesel Corsa. And that was in a sleepy village where the last crime occurred in 1823.
Still, with maximum NCB (5yrs earned through aforementioned diesel Corsa, pulling 50mpg), pick a car and I bet it'll cost less than £300 a year now.

You were born in 1823 though, Brendawg.

1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2
FUQ!
Have you already crashed several times whilst speeding away from police?
I mean, Preston, yes, that's an extra £500 before we even get started but......jeez, thats exceptional.

Haha no, first time driver no experience, that is it!

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
It all goes on postcode at the end of the day and how many handbrake turns you can do without crashing.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Yeah agreed! I'm like 20 minutes from liverpool but my postcode is cheshire.. 21 on a 200 and its £1800 with a liverpool postcode compared to my £900 crazy!

BG 182, BMW 320d
Yeah agreed! I'm like 20 minutes from liverpool but my postcode is cheshire.. 21 on a 200 and its £1800 with a liverpool postcode compared to my £900 crazy!

Cant complain at paying that ! Love the AG 200 as well, there is one around the corner from where I live and the colour is just striking makes me stop and stare every time.
I pay £800 in Newcastle, back home in York its £400 ........ But id rather do it the right way as I spend a good 70% of my time living in Newcastle and not gonna risk fraud claims haha.

Megane 275 Trophy
Hi guys bit of a late post but over the bank holiday weekend I tried to get some good shots of the car, went to a few different places, I thought the best was the docks, until I got kicked off under the terrorist act? Aha made me laugh, but heres a few of the best..
uploadfromtaptalk1428846835667.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1428846851849.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1428846889003.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1428846911930.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1428846938466.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1428846998581.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1428847076849.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428847109281.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428847131689.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428847279557.jpg