ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Content = Supercharged Content

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Well after having the R26 for all of 5 months i was totally bored with it.

Couldn't fault the way it drove or went about its business but it just didn't get me excited when it came too the whole experience just wasn't special enough and being only a weekend car i decided to get rid and get something that could put a nice smile on my face every time

and my choice was!!

(not the Best pics)

HPIM2747.jpg

HPIM2749.jpg

HPIM2746.jpg

HPIM2752.jpg

Carbon luvvlyness!

HPIM2753.jpg

Now this car gets such a mixed reaction its just what i need and wanted, supercharger whine is additive but the pops and bangs on the overrun are even better just feels something special to drive!

Now the looks are what gets people into abit of a debate, me personally i love the way it looks some say chavvy but who cares can guarantee most petrolheads would have a double take if one went past so thats good enough for me!

comparison against the R26?? IMO in-gear it feels just as fast, pulls just as strong up the revvs has defiantly impressed me so far

all comments welcome ;)

neil

Last edited:
Love the car. But not your one.

But that looks s**t. Spoiler, Red all over, indicators on the fender.

Fair play though. I'd love to own one.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Not keen on the mirrors but do like the GP's..

Did an R26R not get a look at then as a 2seater weekend toy?

Megane Trophy #147
sorry if this is stupid, but what is the yellow thing on the end of the stalk in the 3rd pic?

nice choice though!

S4 Avant
Very nice car! I've always said I'd love a cooper s and funds permitting, it'd be a GP I'd spend my money on.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
do like GPs, very capable, but prices can be a lolsome. However if you struck a good deal then get in there

Golf R soon...
Got a soft spot for these.

For the normal price of one though I would consider other cars...Won't be as rare on the road as that mind you!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has 1, and I went out the other day with him and he could not pull away from my car on the twisties (Mk1 F4R) especially out of the corners! Then he let me drive it, I was very dissapointed. It felt like it had no torque in it at all! I expected it to be awesome and it really wasnt. As for the price tag? LOL!

Oh and that "strut brace", do you feel it stiffens up the car? ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I drove my mums mates after I cleaned it for her and I was also bitterly disappointed. I really really wanted to love it. :(

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has 1, and I went out the other day with him and he could not pull away from my car on the twisties (Mk1 F4R) especially out of the corners! Then he let me drive it, I was very dissapointed. It felt like it had no torque in it at all! I expected it to be awesome and it really wasnt. As for the price tag? LOL!

Oh and that "strut brace", do you feel it stiffens up the car? ;)

Not sure on the No torque thing dude! coming from my R26 they feel very similar the mini actually feels more punchier, probably due to to the way the charger delivers the power compared to the turbo

yes mate i love the brace really stiffens things up ;)

Turbos.
I would never pay the difference over a normal Works to be honest, but they are pretty rare and certainly different!

Not sure how anyone could moan about the driving experience, be it the engine or the way it handles.

320d
I'm a huge fan of the gen 1 MCS. Especially the GP. Epic cars imo. Pricey yes, but depreciation is also relitavely low as with all mini's.

MCS R56
Not a fan of the looks but it must be great fun. Really like the bar for saving the luggage from going through the windscreen on big stops!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
As a whole I don't really like the mini but the GP is abit more special and have always liked them for some reason. Some student in Durham has had 1 from new and always see it around.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Good call, i love them! Ultimate Mini! I got a real fright off one in the Z4!!! I.e there was very little in it. i really hope it was modified!

172, Tiguan
Awesome little things and the drive is superb. It's a special car in that spec as well. Who cares what it costs, you'll get nearly all of it back when you sell anyway.

Cracking.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol i agree, as someone who drives one weekly i think theyre f**king awesome!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
not a fan of mini's largely down to the god awful interior, but looks good bud.

Turbos.
How are they from a normal Cooper S . The girlfriends mum has one and i dont rate it much

It has considerably more power, with the engine based on the Works version with a better intercooler (218bhp) and it weighs about 50kg less. I believe the suspension is unique (or is at least the optional sports suspension from the Works).

It also has the brakes, LSD and Recaros carried over from the Works option list.

They have bags more character than the standard Cooper S.