ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car, Another boring barge.

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Got a bit bored of the clio, after having it nearly two years i wanted something a little bigger and smoother to drive. Im a massive fan of golfs and being 18 insurance on a 1.8T was steep so i bought 1.6 16v mark 4 golf.

It came up on autotrader knew it was going to be a bit rough round the edges odd scratch etc but it had 1 previous owner and full vw service history. standard apart from a set of GTI wheels.

Same as this
OV02YAE.jpg

Plans
Full service
Timing belt, water pump & aux belt
Rear bumper respray
scratch repaired on the driver side rear door
machine polish/detail.

Booked at one of my best friends bodyshop for the bodywork, i will be doing the rest of the work.

Mods/future plans
GTI interior / recaro's.
Coilovers.
RS6 alloys?
Tinted windows.
Hid kit.
Double din headunit

Will get some more pics up on the weekend once i start work on it wont be on the road until january time.

pic of my clio which i need to sell in the next few weeks.
7.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Neat enough. I'd have opted for the 1.9TDI if the 1.8T was not an option, but heyho. Mods seem good. Someone on here did have the 18" Monza II alloys from the MkV GTI fitted on their MkIV. I thought that looked smart.

Plans
Full service
Rear bumper respray
machine polish/detail.

Booked at one of my best friends bodyshop for the bodywork, i will be doing the rest of the work.

Mods/future plans
GTI interior / recaro's.
Coilovers.
RS6 alloys?
Tinted windows.
Hid kit.
Double din headunit

Get your flame suit ready.

Looks good though for an 18yo.

Never above 25mpg
Nice might feel a little faster but will be a little heavier so that engine's going to feel a slight sluggish!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
LOL, may give them a miss undecided got a set in the clio which are coming out next week. As for the alloys undecided atm wont be untill feb-march time.

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Was suprised at how smooth it is for an older car, which is putting me off lowering it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Love mk4 golfs. Proper comfy and well built too.

Get a GTI steering wheel on it too. The lower spec ones are pisch!

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Yeah 100% had a look on ebay for one. A breakers in kent has gti in stock am going to ring up this week once i know for definate.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think subtle is the way to go with Golfs.

small drop just to smarten it up, GTI steering wheel, Uprate the bulbs (I detest HID's! lol) Get some good tunes in there and maybe fit a bigger set of wheels. (Although I like the ones you have!)

I had a set of polished TT comps on my Black mk4. Looked awesome.

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Love tt comps completly forgot about them, not going to do a lot this as i would like a bmw in the next 2 years.

Love tt comps completly forgot about them, not going to do a lot this as i would like a bmw in the next 2 years.
less really is more, photoshop, but you get the idea, lowered, santa monicas, v5 rear valance with parking sensors (unlike the 4motion with the exhaust cutout) us spec rear lights, mk5 wiper.
/fin.

Dub.png

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
I agree mate, a few little touches should smarten it up nicely. Providing it does not snow etc on the weekend we will be making a start on the bodywork/ little niggles etc :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Oh hai MK4 platform brotha. I turned 18 a couple of months back but I've had the Bora since I was 17. P.S I have the 1.6 8v so mans has the torque over here ;) Although my car has a fat arse and a chubby face. But you know a chubby girl gives mo' luvvin.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Uber dull. But it's your car.

If you're fitting HID bulbs, make sure you fit them into the projectors.

Listerine & Poledo
Plans
Full service
Rear bumper respray
machine polish/detail.

Mods/future plans
GTI interior / recaro's.
Coilovers.
RS6 alloys?
Tinted windows.
Hid kit.
Double din headunit

"Plans" are also called "maintenence"

"future plans" could also be called "ways I'm throwing my money away"

Sorry chap, but cannot see the point, aside from maybe the head unit

Listerine & Poledo
Oh hai MK4 platform brotha. I turned 18 a couple of months back but I've had the Bora since I was 17. P.S I have the 1.6 8v so mans has the torque over here ;) Although my car has a fat arse and a chubby face. But you know a chubby girl gives mo' luvvin.

Saloon variants were kings of the Mk.4 (Toledo V5 in my history, burbletastic)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Maybe i'm being a bit unfair. But at 18yrs old why on earth do you want comfy and refined car!!? Whilst i've no doubt it's a decent "barge" - very apt actually. It's dull as fcuk and looks like you've given up on life. I prefer your clio, least it's representative of your age!

Listerine & Poledo
Maybe i'm being a bit unfair. But at 18yrs old why on earth do you want comfy and refined car!!? Whilst i've no doubt it's a decent "barge" - very apt actually. It's dull as fcuk and looks like you've given up on life. I prefer your clio, least it's representative of your age!

each to their own geez.

not everyone wants a motor that sounds like it's broken, with a drainpipe hanging out the back, in the name of impressing the sixth formers into becoming seat covers for a "cruise" around a town centre

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
each to their own geez.

not everyone wants a motor that sounds like it's broken, with a drainpipe hanging out the back, in the name of impressing the sixth formers into becoming seat covers for a "cruise" around a town centre

WTF??!!!

120d M Sport
Ali's spot on, my mates got one of these in the 1.8T GTI and I still said the same when he sneered at my ZS.
I gaurantee you'll sell that before long.

CLIO PH1 172
looks nice mike shame your getting rid or the clio, sure I will see u rolling around in the golf soon though btw how much you asking for the clio ??

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LOL @ the responses already...

Leave it as it. Defo not worth the hassle.

I give it til March til you sell up.

*:coffee: waits patiently until 2011*

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
LOL at some of the comments in here! I bought to get me about for the next 18 months or so until i can fund a bmw, I may do a few bits a pieces to it to smarten it up a little.
PM'D u adam.

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
looks nice mike shame your getting rid or the clio, sure I will see u rolling around in the golf soon though btw how much you asking for the clio ??

Wont be on the road until january mate, going in for the body work this weekend decided to get the front bumper done aswell at the same time.

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Little update.
Clio got sold on tuesday evening, a bloke came over took a walk round it in the dark and got out £1600 and drove it away did not even look under the bonnet lol.
We had quite a lot of snow last week which really slowed things down, but today got down to the bodyshop. I got to have a nice drive of it today (trade plates ftw) pretty slow but comfy as f**k!
Jobs to be done by my mate.

Strip driver side rear door
remove bumpers
remove drivers rear door
remove wing mirrors
Get all the above removed,prepped and painted
Followed by a machine polish and give the interior a real good clean.

I am going to order a cambelt kit,water pump,aux belt tensioner and belt and service kit.
Slight change now, not going to mod it no HID'S as the headlight have no projectors unless i can get some headlights cheap.
only slight mods will be tinted windows,rs6 alloys and a decent headunit.

Uploading pics now....