ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car....Again...E46 M3

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Prices are bat s**t on these. I had one probably 7 years ago and only paid like £7k for it then.
That was an 03 coupe with SMG and 120k on it.
Cracking car but these are silly f**king money now.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I want either one of these or a Megane 250 next.. but the market for these is crazy. Decent ones are all like 13k+ on cutters! I thought they were more 8/9k :(

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Looks nice mate. I liked the engine but I wasn't impressed by the sensation of the power in this shape M3. I ragged one up to 90 one day and thought 'holy f**k am I seriously doing 90?!' Felt like I was doing about 50! lol

2014 Clio 200t edc
That's awesome!! Great car. I'd love one but wont.
I've always admired them and hankered after one though, well done getting a nice one.
On the csl's wasn't there a lad back in the day on here that had one, worked in a hotel iirc.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I want either one of these or a Megane 250 next.. but the market for these is crazy. Decent ones are all like 13k+ on cutters! I thought they were more 8/9k :(

Thats what my choice was and i got one for undrr 10k with higher mileage but had vanos done.

Cutters owners think they are driving Concourse Ferraris not a suped up rep mobile!!!

You can easily getban m3 for 8-9k. HK has a premium even though its nothing special.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Wasn't it that guy who said he had one, but turned out he was lying?

I know Scutch had an M3 but dunno if it was a CSL?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Common as muck, these crappy cars with s**t gearboxes ;)

Ref the DSC you should be able to get the M-Track DSC mode on yours as it's new enough, halfway house between fully on and off, it's another software flash job.

At this rate we'll have to get the forum renamed :D

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Common as muck, these crappy cars with s**t gearboxes :wink:

Ref the DSC you should be able to get the M-Track DSC mode on yours as it's new enough, halfway house between fully on and off, it's another software flash job.

At this rate we'll have to get the forum renamed :smiley:
Nah the GolfR still has the current crown lol

I've been looking into coding and software changes etc today. Anyone got much knowledge on it?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The factors on prices for M3s seem to be colour and mileage! Mental how the price can vary from 5k to 15k.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Could also be Velvet Blue Individual, like my first one ...
DSC05335.jpg

Yup, i sold the car above, a facelift manual on 100k miles, with decent options, in 2012, for £6850.

My most recent one, a fully specced Aegean Blue SMG with 93k on it, sold for £11k in 2016!!
1c_zpsfgyepy74.jpg

@james24785 £7.5k is a bargain if the subframe has been done properly!
I'll get it inspected again properly. There's money there to spend on it if needs be

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just had a quick butchers and seems £7500 is a very good price.
The trouble is, as the majority of mint ones are £10k-£15k, I can't see how people can buy one over a V8.
At your money, it's easy but they seem very rare for a decent one at that money!
Imo, they are very different cars. The e90 is a better daily, better over long distances and very capable. But the limits are higher, so while it's fantastic when you get to drive it hard, because of the higher limits can't drive it as hard as an e46 as often.

The e46 is easier to skid than an mx5. It wouldn't see which way a golf r went, but that works out as a bonus! Low grip (relatively), responsive na motor, friendly chassis.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Few s**t pics from outside the house. Had time to give it a proper look over seeing as I picked it up in the dark. Only issues are a few stone chips to the bonnet and a few small rust spots on the passenger front arch. Will all be sorted over time

IMG_20170404_160900.jpg
IMG_20170404_161514.jpg
IMG_20170404_161539.jpg
IMG_20170404_161548.jpg
IMG_20170404_161614.jpg
IMG_20170404_161654.jpg

Will give it a good clean once I'm back off holiday and whip the DA out