ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car 197 content

Ultra 197
Well after being after a new car for well over a year now i finally managed to upgrade this month. Was after a polo gti (1.8t) first but after driving one it just didnt feel special at all. As i was in the garage a 197 was brought in to be px and the difference between them was massive the clio had so much more presence on the road and i was sure that it would definatly put a smile on my face. So after much more saving i finally picked her up......

The old 1 that went (in her prime)
Photo289.jpg

Then the replacement...
264148_10150242169873431_502183430_7268506_6506377_n.jpg

267729_10150242171273431_502183430_7268512_3276683_n.jpg

Did have lots of plans to change on it, but tbh i think its amazing as it is, just a few things i want to do to tidy her up (debadge, xenons, exhaust tips etc) but my main priority is keeping her mint now.

Comments welcome

Chris

Bux

Golf GTD
Very nice mate! I did the same as you, I px'd my mk2 1.2 in for my 197. Feels so much nicer to drive, i had a smile on my face for the entire test drive of it!

Ultra 197
Yer is safe to save am in love with it! drives so nice and is so much quicker then my old 1.6! Am defo after xenons but not to keen on the cup spoiler prefer the ktec 1 tbh!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Nice upgrade mate, i do like red cars :)

Yeah the K-tec spoiler looks a million time better then the Cup Spoiler

But i personally think the stick on exhaust tips look gash!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate. Red needs anthracite wheels imo and I like Silver wheels.

On and exhaust tips on the 197 really are quite bad.

Bux

Golf GTD
Yer is safe to save am in love with it! drives so nice and is so much quicker then my old 1.6! Am defo after xenons but not to keen on the cup spoiler prefer the ktec 1 tbh!

If you're going to do xenons then be sure to do a proper job and put headlight washers in as well. MOT testers are going to be testing for these and you can fail on it if you don't have them.

On and exhaust tips on the 197 really are quite bad.

I've got them on mine and they're alright, but they are a bit too small. Makes them look like pea-shooters.

Ultra 197
Thanks for all the comments lads. Exhaust tips are just gona be trial and error iv seen a few with them and I like them but seen others that I don't. If I don't like them it will be a miltek instead.

Focus
Looks nice, also good to hear someone not wrecking it by moding the living hell out of it, and in the long run spoil it!