ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Caliper - Brake Fluid?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looking for some help if possible.

Had a bit of a nightmare at the weekend, had to change the rear discs/pads on my Audi A3 (2005) got one side done, but the other side the caliper had completly seized and too be fair the othr side was replaced in an MOT recently so should have expected the other to go.

Nipped out and got a new caliper, upon trying to fit the small cooper pipe which goes from the caliper to the flexi snapped, 5pm on Saturday - great! Sunday I got a garage to make me up a new pipe, finally got it fitted with a LOT of swearing. I drained the fluid using one of these one man draining systems (small bottle, connects to bleed nipple, pump until fluid comes through) I done this a few times and topped up with brake fluid However I'm really not happy with the brakes, pedal feel is completly diffrent, almost drops to the floor. I can also pump the pedal but this goes hard a very short while then drops again. Car does stop, brakes work etc but I know they should be better.

Anybody any ideas? Needs drained again? Is a vacum drain better perhpas at a garage?

Thanks!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Oh - I didnt know that, had a good read into this before doing it but nothing like that came up. Where is the master cyclinder?