ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brakes

Renault Leguna 2.0 T LTD
Hi,

just ad new front brakes in my clio, the geezer at the garage told me that the wud need running in abit. How long shud i run them in for ???

Drive therm hard stopping from 60 to 5mph a few times then let them coold down never stop and have your foot on the brakes.
Thats what I do with mine its the proper procedure if you don't they get some heat into them they don't bed in properly.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
in addition to edde saying not to stop the car with your foot on the brake, i wouldnt stop the car til they'd had a chance to cool down personally

Did you have discs and pads?

I ran mine in by running around super-gently for about 250 miles to bed the discs in then doing a series of high speed braking manouvres like edde talks about - best bet is to find a stretch of DC between two roundabouts away from civilization, then you can get some speed up and do the hard braking thing before trundling round the roundabout and doing the same the other way! (Repeat a few times, as above!)