ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Brakes Fitted - Now to remove the iron.....

Not a 320d
As an idea of how bad this is, the bonnet, roof, all windows, boot and the entire drivers side of the car is caped in iron filings. Im going to buy a big tub of this, as its taking about 3 go's a pannel to get it right. Ive got all the door sills to do, and my alloy wheel which, quite frankly ive got no f**king idea how im going to sort out.

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

And Iron X at work.

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02182.jpg

Im going to book a week off i think.

Plan is to Remove iron, clay, Blackhole and then a wax on top. Wheels will be nanolex'd as ive still got some nanolex pro left. Currently undecided.

Not a 320d
Knows, the front quater wasnt the bad part either.

Is there a cheaper option, someone mentioned fallout remover but im not sure what make?

Not a 320d
Autosmart...Well ive bought some. Apparantly its better than ironx but i guess ill find out. Was about £14 delivered for 2Ltrs off the bay. No doubt ill end up with Tap water.

Not a 320d
LOL. dammit ill ask for a refund. Any idea how it works in comparason? Spray, wait, wipe ? Apparantly it doesnt smell of sulpher either?

Ive got 2L of the stuff anyways hopefully thatll be enough.

BMW'S
Ironx is the best i have used although i think in my arsnel of cleaning products i have got others. The problem is one of my mates knocked my bottle of ironx over and wasted half a bottle!!!!! So i will be looking for a replacement.

Ironx is the best i have used although i think in my arsnel of cleaning products i have got others. The problem is one of my mates knocked my bottle of ironx over and wasted half a bottle!!!!! So i will be looking for a replacement.

Gutting.

Not a 320d
f**k off it was you who knocked it over and i had to work in the same garage for the next 3 hours. Ive just finished it all off today as well.

Ive bought 2 ltrs of AS Fallout remover.

Did you buy the fall out remover then? Get on OK with it? Bet it wasn't as pretty as pink droplets on your paint ;)

Not a 320d
Bit dissapointing. I got two 1Ltr bottles of it. Worked okay, 3 hits and it seemed to remove 99% of it. Little bit of rough left but im hoping clay will remove that.

Just dressed the paint with Megs 135 for now, quick and easy. Didnt get washed for a month so theres some nasty run marks on the paintwork. Time for a machine polish.

I do miss the pink though atleast you know theres contamination left. :)