ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW BOY HERE (hi all)

2001/51 SPORT 172(LEEDS)
hi there folks just bought myself a cheap as chips clio mk2 172
51 plater fsh (£4000) in dark met blue.coming down from a volvo s60 t5 as fuels starting tohurt too much with the 2 ton volvo

i was just wondering where i can get a owners manual for it as theres none on ebay at the moment and i dont do dealers fullstop.

also does anybody have or had a problem with the climate control as it only blows hot even when on cold setting.if its owt like my old vectra a rod had come off the airbox motor.
any advise would be great

Lots of Alfas
Welcome to the club, where did you get a 172 that cheap? If you dont mind me asking.

PS good colour choice.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Welcome!
Scrap yard may have a handbook it think tiher is a guy on here called Matt Black who seems to break a few CS's.
As to the blower do you have Air con.

2001/51 SPORT 172(LEEDS)
davebem said:
Welcome to the club, where did you get a 172 that cheap? If you dont mind me asking.

PS good colour choice.

starting in auctions at leeds for £3000 finished with me at 3850+imdemnity(£150) done a few miles though 75k 2 previous owners over all looks a mint little thing.not as quick as i expected but it should help me keep the licence clean

as for my climate problem yes it is air/con climate control i think
(its got a digital readout and air/con button auto function and that.
auto wipers auto xenons etc.is it supposed to have a multichanger in it as its got a standard cd player head unit(if so where would it be

cheers paul

Ziel Nurburgring
Heater problem could be the temp sensor on the passenger wing mirror broken as the climate control relies on that to adjust the air temp heating the car.

1996 Valver
mini ripper said:
I think the changers are under the passenger seat.

Yeah, but only on the later model's I thought??

Sounds like a great buy though.

Oh and welcome btw:D Where you from?

2001/51 SPORT 172(LEEDS)
thanks for the advice cannot find it so i presume its gone west or not fitted originally.
so from here then, do i need to buy a adaptor plate to fit a normal head unit as the standard misters abit tacky.

also when a cambelt service is due(mileage intervals)

cheers for any help theres alot more people on here than on the volvo forums,i hope thats a good sign lol

Clio 182
Hello and welcome, I just got that same problem sorted on mine today. Apparently it was a temperature sensor. Not sure which one but its all ok now !! it did'nt take them long at all

106 GTi
Welcome to CS, enjoy.

Cambelt should be done at 72k (but most get it done earlier) or 5 years.