ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Alternator.

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T
For a 172 cup.

Been quoted £399 fitted (exchange) through Renault.

Renault say it's a lengthy job but I've done a search on here and people are saying it's 1.5 hours max.

For parts only they quoted £170 so they must be charging 3 hours labour.

What have other people paid? Any advice?

Audi TT
Great. looks like I'll be having to shell out £200+ soon then. Posted a message on technical faults but no replies really. I think my alternator is making a burning plasticky smell :(

Clio Sport 172
Ive got a 172.... paid £50 for a 2nd hand alternator, and the garage did me the fitting at £80...... Theres no way id pay £400 to the Stealers mate! especially when yours aint got the aircon to mess about with!

Black Gold 182FF
I paid £50 for a 2nd hand 182 alternator, and labour cost me £5.50. Took a few hours to fit, but the stella's kept me calm lol.

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T
Just a quick update on this,

I called a second Renault garage to clarify the cost and when I asked them if they were perhaps confusing the 172 with the 172cup they told me it was still a 3 hour job on the cup because the front bumper has to come off!

WTF!