ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 335d Pics - Early Morning Roadtrip to Ribblehead/Buttertubs

Leon Cupra 300
Been meaning to do this for ages. Me and the wife set off at 4:15 this morning with the aim of not hitting any traffic. Worked fantastic, had a fantastic drive!

Stopped off at a few places in the dales from my old stomping ground on the way up. I'm no good at taking pictures but hope you like anyway..

The car performed faultlessly, I've done 4000 miles in it since I got it before Christmas and it just keeps getting better.

I've done the following to it... Eibach Pro's, BMW Performance Grills, M3 DCT paddles to replace the ridiculous push/pull rocker paddles and LED angel eye bulbs. Mapping it would be nice but I don't want to risk the warranty and in fairness it really doesn't need it. It's got enough go to see off most other cars on the road.

Finished off at Maccy's at Leeming Bar for 2 x Double Sausage and Egg. Nom. Home for 8:30:cool:

Stone House Inn

DSC00171_zpsdef3c045.jpg

DSC00177_zpsaaf04f0a.jpg

Thruscross Reservoir

DSC00180_zps60e298b0.jpg

Road to Ribblehead from Settle

DSC00185_zps9efb5faa.jpg

DSC00186_zps320af787.jpg

Famous Ribblehead Viaduct

DSC00187-1_zpsd0466fea.jpg

Out across from the Buttertubs

DSC00200_zps0d4a65dd.jpg

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Love these. If I ever wanted a diesel it would be top of the list, awesome car, awesome engine.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
My 530 does 50+ on a run and its done 210k, Ive been looking at these.. Definitely on the wish list..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I suggested to my wife that we get up at 4am to go for a drive, she'd punch me.

TTRS & V50
I was wondering how you got a Maccies breakfast on the way home..

Then realised you we're home for 830...AM !!!

Wow, dedication, but my other-half certainly would not entertain that.

Great barge none the less. I will own one on the other-side of 30.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Me and the wife used to love doing stuff like this.

We then had kids and our lives ended.

Funny enough i have the same problem, i think my misses would tbh but getting the kids up wouldn't happen. Its just not the same. :(

Leon Cupra 300
Superb. What does this return on a full tank? Realistic mpg?

They're 286bhp aren't they?

Yes 286hp and 430lbft. On this run it averaged 36.7 mpg, normally it does 34/35 and 400 to a tank (I fill up before the light comes on though normally showing 60-70 left) Pretty good really considering the power and being an auto.

4.15am for a drive?? That is keen!

Car looks great, and it's a great little drive up there.

Yeah keen but no traffic makes it. Nice run, first time up there for me!

How was it past Horton to Ribblehead? I get loads of bump steer up there with lowered/harder suspension.

Hard to say really, the road is REALLY bumpy and I wasn't racing about so I was only doing 50 and it was perfectly acceptable. The Eibachs are no worse than the standard spring.

Such a ridiculous amount of car.

Its like 5 separate vehicles in one.

Love it. Some of my favourite local roads too.

Yeah it's a proper jack of all trades.. whilst being a master of torque/laziness! I like the roads round Menwith, Dacre Top and the reservoirs best.. Greenhow Hill out of Pateley Bridge is mint too!

If I suggested to my wife that we get up at 4am to go for a drive, she'd punch me.

ha.. my missus is spot on. She likes going for drives, and I refuse to go when all the f**king idiots are out on the road, it's not at all enjoyable. So it's this time or we're not going.

Nice pics/ car. I quite fancy a 335d touring next.

Cheers mate. You won't go far wrong with a touring, they carry a slight premium though.

Epic roads, looks like you had good fun in a great car Phil.

Cheers mate.

Oh, *runs to PH*

Buy mine!

Great cars!!

I have a F30 330d! In Glacier Silver so it's similar looking to your 335d

I'd have one when they depreciate a bit, I'd probably go for white on the F30 they look so good. I'd probably wait and get the new 335d xdrive though.

Me and the wife used to love doing stuff like this.

We then had kids and our lives ended.

​lol.. This will be me next year!

Leon Cupra 300
430ft/lbs! lol! Jesus, what the hell would be after a map!?

Gearbox is rated to around 540lbft... Evolves standard map is to around 515lbft with the no cost option of 540lbft.

Paul reckons 600lbft is easily possible with no other mods, but it would be a bit daft to put the gearbox through it imo.

Even as standard the twist low down is very impressive. Almost reminds me of my wagon at work where it just seems to pull from nowhere (that is 1700 lbft though and will spin the wheels in 10th gear in the wet lol)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Gearbox is rated to around 540lbft... Evolves standard map is to around 515lbft with the no cost option of 540lbft. Paul reckons 600lbft is easily possible with no other mods, but it would be a bit daft to put the gearbox through it imo. Even as standard the twist low down is very impressive. Almost reminds me of my wagon at work where it just seems to pull from nowhere (that is 1700 lbft though and will spin the wheels in 10th gear in the wet lol)

Impressive! I will refrain from taking one on in the future!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. Proper version of mine really. Yours is lower in the same springs too! You are on prolines arent you?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Did you not fancy going with PH when they went 2 weeks ago? A few lads from the Yorkshire section that is

I was scheduled to go but couldn't make it, pics are good man, 4k in 6 months though? Somebody didn't need the d at the end of the 335 ;)

Leon Cupra 300
Impressive! I will refrain from taking one on in the future!

In fairness your M3 would rip it a new one if you're on it, you're around 130hp better off! Beauty of these is that even when you're not really trying they're very quick, effortless.. which is exactly what I wanted from a car as I can't really be arsed to 'drive' these days.

There are vidoes of these absolutley tearing M3's apart (once rolling) on YT. They really are unreal machines!

I've seen a few.. With DPF removed 375hp is easily doable with no other mods. That would be getting close to M3's!

Did you not fancy going with PH when they went 2 weeks ago? A few lads from the Yorkshire section that is

I was scheduled to go but couldn't make it, pics are good man, 4k in 6 months though? Somebody didn't need the d at the end of the 335 ;)

I was working for that one, I went to the one before but I had my 197 then.. It was a good crack but they were driving a bit too quick for what I'm happy with. Main thing that puts me off going on another is being guilty by association if anything went wrong for someone else.

Looks great. Proper version of mine really. Yours is lower in the same springs too! You are on prolines arent you?

Yep. On Prolines. It's basically dropped the front 15mm, the back was meant to stay the same but I think it's taken a couple of mm off that too. Basically it's equalled up the arch gaps. I'm really happy with how it looks. Just looks like a standard car (to me at least!)

320d
Gearbox is rated to around 540lbft... Evolves standard map is to around 515lbft with the no cost option of 540lbft.

Paul reckons 600lbft is easily possible with no other mods, but it would be a bit daft to put the gearbox through it imo.

Even as standard the twist low down is very impressive. Almost reminds me of my wagon at work where it just seems to pull from nowhere (that is 1700 lbft though and will spin the wheels in 10th gear in the wet lol)

Always wondered are the tractor units really fast without a trailor?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. On Prolines. It's basically dropped the front 15mm, the back was meant to stay the same but I think it's taken a couple of mm off that too. Basically it's equalled up the arch gaps. I'm really happy with how it looks. Just looks like a standard car (to me at least!)

Mines dropping more and more each day but still not as low as yours. But then mine being a gay boy version it doesnt have the weight yours does. Yours def looks lowered though!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That's lovely mate. Would love to see this with CSL alloys. Would really suit the silver.

<3

Leon Cupra 300
I bet my springs are a complete different part to yours to suit the M Sport suspension. My dampers will be different so my front strut may be shorter etc? Either way I think they look **** on.

re wheels. Yeah I think it would look good on CSL's but I think my first choice would be some MV4's (225m) as I think they're even nicer. There's a lad local who's got them on his and they look mint. His cars identical to mine bar being a 320d.

I may look to get some when these tyres need replacing.