ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 Import or not

Black 197
I can only talk about Motorhouse 2000 that used to be at Sutton, and yes all their new cars were imports. The only downside is usually you only get 2 years warranty, and that started the day it entered the country, not the day you buy it, so you would need to check the date of manufacture to see what warranty you have actually got.

Lee

BMW M2C
Yes, they sell imports there. I went to look at a 172 there 4 years ago. Motorpoint undercut them on price a little though.

It's a good deal. You pay less for the car, and it's worth a little less if you trade it in for the first few years. Warranty isn't an issue provided the car was imported from an EU country. You should get 3 years, I did, but as has been said, it starts the day it was sold in it's country of origin as far as I know. I think mine lost a couple of months. It's also most likely you'll be down as the second owner, as it will be registered to Motorhouse 2000 first.

Black 197
Dont let that put you off though, by the time it runs out of warranty im sure you could have saved up to buy an extended one? I would test drive one though for as long as possible. Im a believer that they are just as quick as your 182 will be, but it just doesnt feel it sometimes and it takes a lot of getting used to. Its a good deal though, but on autotrader theres a few high spec cars for that sort of cash.

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah the biggest downside to import 197s is you thave to take what they've got, you can't spec them up.

I got a quote from a main dealer the other day. That was for a racing blue with white speedlines and recaros (the only options I'd want or need) and it was £14,600.00 on Friends and Family.

Dyson
I've driven one and did't think it felt as "raw" as the 182, which is good,i think, in a way it feels more like a propper car, if that makes sence.....
Also safety is a major factor and its 5 star over my current 4 as the mrs drives it for work.

I've never bought an import before and just a little worried.

Quick plug;) http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/175447.htm

Dyson
Yeah the biggest downside to import 197s is you thave to take what they've got, you can't spec them up.

I got a quote from a main dealer the other day. That was for a racing blue with white speedlines and recaros (the only options I'd want or need) and it was £14,600.00 on Friends and Family.

Do you work for reno?

Lee

BMW M2C

Do you work for reno?

No, a friend of mine does.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've driven one and did't think it felt as "raw" as the 182, which is good,i think, in a way it feels more like a propper car, if that makes sence.....
Also safety is a major factor and its 5 star over my current 4 as the mrs drives it for work.

I've never bought an import before and just a little worried.

Quick plug;) http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/175447.htm

Technically they are all imports, the warranty is no issue.
(Plus if they still fit the alarms the 182 has id rather my car didnt go anywhere near those monkeys!!)
Some crappy insurance companies get the hump about them.

The Ncap thing is pure marketing, but the placebo is there i suppose.