ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner!

Clio 182
Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to say I am new to the ClioSport Club, having owned a Clio 1.2 16v quite a while back and my last car being a 53 plate Honda civic Type R I am now officially the happiest I have been with the 04 plate 182 with 50k on the clock Clio I have just bought. The Type R I owned (Milano Red) was just a pain to own.. I constantly got frustrated with my insurance renewal prices and my fuel consumption, it was such a "serious" car if that makes sense? Every ride I would look at my fuel gauge and just sigh.. Not only that, but it just lacked the fun the Clio has.. Ok it was built so well, Honda really do make a perfect motor but the Clio has brought the fun back for me..Yeah its flimsy here and there and may not feel as fast as the type r but It makes me smile when I get in it and the Type R did not really do that for me. £30 in fuel around 1.30p a litre would get me about 130 miles in the type r but this little Clio is getting me around 180 which is a great start. I remember my 1.2 52 plate Clio I owned just under year ago would only get around 200 for 30 quid so really not to much in it! I have the spoiler back with the front splitter but not the suspension pack, which I believe leaves me with silver alloys and not Anthracite dark alloys? (Sorry If I am wrong!)

I have already done a few little cheap bits on the 182 including just removing all of the stickers in the windows and carbon wrapping the silver trims above the Glove box etc which looks real neat. I also bought an ipod adaptor which works with the standard head unit which is awesome. I am sure you guys have heard of the company "connects2". Well for £29.95 I bought this adaptor which fits in the CD changer slot and comes out the side of my head unit neatly and sits in the cup holders.

The next bits I plan to do is get a alloy wheels refurbed - the dark grey alloys I wanted so will be getting mine sand blasted and sprayed. Not only do I think they look better, but this will also get rid of some pretty deep scratches a previous owner made as well as some paint flake on the rears. I will also be getting the Exhaust Silencer removed to get some extra roar.

So just a thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and hopefully speak soon!

Thanks
Will

Clio 182
270926_10151795320385314_575499378_n.jpg

Here she is.. I will get some interior ones soon as I have carbon wrapped the plastic silver panels and the gear knob reading.. looks sweet in my opinion. Put some small basic white Renault Sport decals on the rear passenger windows to! Thanks for the interest.