ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner from fife!

Black 182
hi all! just a post to ask about if anyone knows of any meets coming up in Scotland (anywhere near fife)?

Black 182
i used to go to dunfermline high, and i used to drive a c2vtr then a 1.2 corsa till someone rote it off, so thought it was time for a change seen as i can now afford the insurance for a sport :D

Black 182
cheers guys. Kinda new to all this but know a few people already on the forum, just will take some getting used to lol

clio 172 phs 1
Broony can i ask where you bought your 182 from? I'm in Stirling and have been looing for a decent one for a while without much luck!

Edit- Just seen your profile pic and see it's one i called about but you had beat me to it!!! :( Looked a real minter!

Black 182
Broony can i ask where you bought your 182 from? I'm in Stirling and have been looing for a decent one for a while without much luck!

Edit- Just seen your profile pic and see it's one i called about but you had beat me to it!!! :( Looked a real minter!

hey mate, i bought it from a boy from kincardine, it was by pure accident as well. In all honesty a wasn't looking to buy a car at all.We went to view the house and he just happened to have it for sale. It is a minter, has a lot of service history and got it at a good price £2600 which i think is not to bad! was from a guy called chris? might be the same car lol!

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 79
  clio 172 phs 1
Yeah it's the same car! Is it standard apart from the exhaust? He told me it was a trade in from an Arnold Clark garage!

Black 182
its on coilovers, he thought it was a cup but, its just a full fat 182. So coil overs ands the exhaust. He said it was a trade in but never said it was from arnold clark. It has a lot of history and i loved it as soon as a saw it so thought id go for it along as the insurance didn't kill me to much (being 22) it normally does for these cars. Where about in stirling you from? just I'm there quite a lot visiting family ect as thats where I'm originally from?

clio 172 phs 1
Yeah i seen it was a full fat,exactly what i'm looking for as well!!!!! Grrrrrr! It doesn't have anthracite wheels though? I'm in Broomridge...! Used to be a renault senior tech so if you need any help with anything give me a shout mate!

Black 182
yeah the wheels are just standard, but as soon as a can get somewhere decent to paint them there going anthracite. But all depends on getting a job as i have been recently paid off so (not that i want to) but might be up for sale if i don't get anything soonish :(!

Black 182
yeah has the spoiler pack, the wheels in all honesty don't look to have been in the car that long as they are like brand new, god knows why its not got anthracite wheels :/

clio 172 phs 1
Yeah i wondered that as well..... looks really nice tho mate! I have a phs 1 172,had it nearly 9 years!

Black 182
cheers :) the very first time i sat in a sport was a 172 cup, hardly ever see phs 1s much. 9 years! you had much bother in that 9 years? looks smart mate, unlike half them you see nowadays been over modded and look silly! just my opinion though.

clio 172 phs 1
Totally agree mate,mine is 100% standard. Just had all the usual bother,track rod ends,ball joints,coil springs etc. But like i say worked as a renault tech for nearly 14yrs so do all the work myself.

Black 182
Thats not to bad at all, its all about how you look after a car as well, you look after it and its no bother, ignore just general maintenance then no wonder things go wrong, Ill be honest I'm not the best when it comes to fixing cars or that just normally leave it to the garage. Hopefully a won't have to much bother!

clio 172 phs 1
Like i said before pal,if u ever need any work done i'm happy to help and know these cars inside out,hence me keeping to Renaults!!!