ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 member, what mods to do? Pics included

evo 9 gt
Hi everyone, bought myself a 182 today, be interested to know what mods people do to these? Which air filters are recommended? Car has 421 manifold, power flow exhaust (too quiet for me) BMc air filter (crap), up rated brakes and lowered 40mm also where do people go for remapping in Worcestershire? Been looking at stone automotive as I want pops and bangs :) cheers guys ps can I upload pics on my iPhone?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I thought 182s had 4-2-1 standard, 172s have 4-1 manifold, or have I got it the wrong way round?

Common mods are:

Brakes: ferodo ds2500 pads, brembo hc discs, braided lines and decent fluid.

Induction: standard with panel filter, v6/ph1 airbox.

Exhaust is personal preference with regards to sound and price.

Pop & bang map will be fun for a bit, but it will get tiresome after a while.

All in my opinion of course ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Decent exhaust,
Eibach springs,
Brembo HC discs and pads or DS2500 pads, plus braided lines,
standard airbox/V6 box/K-Tec induction kit (your choice)
as far as a remap goes, get an RSTuner and do it yourself, it's far cheaper and sorts out alot of the cold start issues and lumpy idle.

Fastchip who make the RSTuner box have the pops and bangs map, but you'll need a decat or you'll destroy your cat,
but I wouldn't bother with pops and bangs as it uses massive amounts of fuel to do it.....and it's sh*t.

Oh and the 182 has the 4-2-1 manifold as standard.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Silvervisions & LEDs are a common one, Citroen/Peugeot mist windscreen jets, Whiteline rear anti-roll bar. The best thing imho is to make sure all your suspension is spot on first, bushes, ball joints, shockers & give it a service then go from there.

evo 9 gt
Ah ok, guy told me its an aftermarket manifold as the old one was blowing. Been looking at the ktec intake am I best off sticking with stock box and panel filter then? Ill probation get a custom exhaust and definitely going for overrun, fuel isn't an issue as work pays for that :) only thing I've noticed in the car is that it's really hard to stay in the power and, my ep3 was in vtec constantly throughout gears, the clio seems laggy through changes

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
my advice, new ktec induction kit and the rs tuner with 98 ron map it trasformed my 182. if happy with the suspension and brakes then just enjoy and keep it clean and tidy ;)

p.s change the apex springs for eibach sportlines...you will thank me for it

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Is that just that rs tuner box you can buy? That have pops n bangs on it?

Yes you can buy normally 2nd hand, i bought the 'old' style that didnt come with pops and bangs because i persoanlly think i would grow tired of it after 5 minutes and think it is crap to begin with. but we are all different ;) good bit of kit

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
So this rs tuner box on fastchip website remaps and gives overrun?

You can buy new which is around the £200 mark i think, which comes with a 98 ron map free...then if you so wish you can buy the pops and bangs map, but you need a de cat to run the pops and bangs. and you can only have one map at a time. i.e either 98 ron map or pops and bangs

evo 9 gt
Ok so that way I've either got performance map or noisy map right? Their website isn't very clear tbh, am I not just better off getting it mapped with overrun?