ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new 182, exhaust advice

clio rs 2000
we have purchased aclio 182 last week to my friend the car is at 25k and not driven for almost 1 year.
we want to change the exhaust system but i thing the cat is problem.
because the cathave 2 o2 sensrors before and after it does it make a redig problem if we take of the cat and apply a staright pipe. we want to take of of the cat but decat pipes are very expensive here. what can we do for this without anu diagnostic problems can we use a staright pipe? if we can how can we use the o2 sensors.
our aim is to put a staright pipe after the headers to thr backbox and take of the cat and mid exhaust is it possible?

the car is here

image711r.jpg

image725.jpg

image341j.jpg

image342i.jpg

image343.jpg

image344w.jpg

image345n.jpg

image346.jpg

image347p.jpg

image354.jpg

Black 197
If you get rid of the sensors you will certainly get the engine management light on, You can however get this turned off by "clipping" the car

Decat pipes are not that expensive to buy, they should be pretty straight forward to do yourself too as long as you have the right measurements and get the Lamba sensor holes drilled in i see no problem

See here for a decat from K-tec - http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1901

That exhaust definately does not look standard to me though, the 182 pipes petrude further out than yours plus the Renault originals are like straws tbh

Black 197
If you want a decat then you'll have nothing inside the pipe bar air :)

Do you want to decat the car i.e get rid of the catalytic converter ?

TBH i'm slightly baffled too but i hope i'm getting there

EDIT - yes you can use the O2 sensors with that pipe on K-Tec

Fabia vrs tdi
i dont know why more ppl dont decat especially after i felt the weight of the cat compared to the decat, and of course the nicer raspy sound

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not really worth it on a 182 though. Very efficient. Worth doing more on a 172. Re the light, it may come on it may not. I plugged the second hole with a blank and left the o2 sensor plugged into the loom, and taped it up under the car. It didnt bring my light on

S4 Avant
im confused but no problems with 02 sensors on my car after decat , no warning lights

My light only came on after 6 weeks, if you've not had it long, the light will make an appearance;)

In regards to the OPs original question, you can stick a bolt in the decat pipe, where the second lambda sensor goes, and then tie the second lambda sensor under the car, leaving it plugged in. If the sensor can't detect fumes, the light doesn't come up.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Fabia vrs tdi
well i did post a thread today saying my light flashed at me briefly for 10 or so seconds then stopped haha

Well i think its worth it gettin a decat i do feel a slight different in low revs or could be the placebo effect

cat still weight lots compared to decat and seein as i have a nice mot man things r cool mot time

clio rs 2000
i know that in hondas using a straight pipes is problem
they use a resistance to not have any fault lights or use sport cat
and wondering if we have also problems like that
as ican see in uk u are using that kind of pipes
so we can make a custom pipe like that without using the second o2 sensor

Fabia vrs tdi
nah it just started to flash briefly but not gonna worry about it, i did come on steady 2 weeks ago but swapped two sensors over the front one was fecked and was only gettin 19mpg now gettin 22mpg but all city driving average around 10mph

full service tomorrow so hope mpg improves after that

you need pre cat sensor , rear sensor dont do much ( im probably wrong )

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i know that in hondas using a straight pipes is problem
they use a resistance to not have any fault lights or use sport cat
and wondering if we have also problems like that
as ican see in uk u are using that kind of pipes
so we can make a custom pipe like that without using the second o2 sensor

It will be fine. You can make a pipe like that, or just by it and use a blanking plug to seal the hole :)

RSC 182 Cup
they are made of plastic
the exhaust system is all oem
sometimes renault sends cars with different configuration to turkey
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1901
i looked that and is it a staright pipe and does not have anything inside it?
we can make a custom pipe like that
and can we use the o2 sensors with this pipe without any problems?

Hi, are you sure the exhaust is all OEM?

The reason I ask is you've got slash cut tips which isn't normal for a 182. Also, from the underneath view of your system the mid section is different to my OEM system- you appear to have an extra flex join and a different centre resonator to what my 2005 model had stock.

It's also got Konis fitted - nice!

Last edited:
  clio rs 2000
i will check it again
but when we lifted up the car i saw renault writings on them
but you can be wright i have a suspicion for that