ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s954.photobucket.com/user/Andree172/embed/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads"></iframe>

Got myself a nice 172 about a month ago. Loved every minute of ownership so far. Not really seen it in the light much due to working stupid hours so I took my first day off and spent some quality time with it today. Nice bit of snow foam action and plenty of time taken hand drying. Got to attack the cloudy headlights tomorrow hopefully with meguiars headlight restore kit. Hopefully the pics will work. Not tried to upload before. Fingers crossed!

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

cracked it! Hope you all like it.

clio 172 cup
very nice mate , i think the centre caps could do with colour coding to the rest of the wheels but other than that i like it.

reminds me of my 1st 172 mine was a silver one loved it, hope you enjoy it :)

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
very nice mate , i think the centre caps could do with colour coding to the rest of the wheels but other than that i like it.

reminds me of my 1st 172 mine was a silver one loved it, hope you enjoy it :)
Thanks mate.
wheels are either going anthracite, back to silver or changed for turinis or 2118's. Can't quite make my mind up yet.

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
put turinis on it , it will defo set it off , it will look mint with turinis :) is this your 1st 172 then?
Think I will go for the turinis. Still got my eye out for something different though. Everyone and their dog has got them on theirs. Yea my 1st one. Had a mkII 1.4s before. Fella over the road has got an r27 and works for Renault and sparked it all off seeing them outside his house all the time. Over the moon with it! Couldn't ask for a better car!

clio 172 cup
Think I will go for the turinis. Still got my eye out for something different though. Everyone and their dog has got them on theirs. Yea my 1st one. Had a mkII 1.4s before. Fella over the road has got an r27 and works for Renault and sparked it all off seeing them outside his house all the time. Over the moon with it! Couldn't ask for a better car!

yeah ano what you mean its just only certain ones look good one them , Ive got a bit of an addiction to them, im onmy 3rd 172 this been my second cup , i keep saying im going to get somthing bigger as we've got a baby on way but i just cant do it lol so im just to av to see how it goes with the pram in the boot. ive just fitted a rear strut brace yesterday but i think this is going to av to go lol

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
yeah ano what you mean its just only certain ones look good one them , Ive got a bit of an addiction to them, im onmy 3rd 172 this been my second cup , i keep saying im going to get somthing bigger as we've got a baby on way but i just cant do it lol so im just to av to see how it goes with the pram in the boot. ive just fitted a rear strut brace yesterday but i think this is going to av to go lol
I can see how that'd be an issue. Can't wait to get christmas out the way and get cracking with adding bits to it. Got my eyes on front struts, white line arb, coilovers, up rated brakes, braided lines and the list goes on. Nice to have something to focus my attention on.

clio 172 cup
I can see how that'd be an issue. Can't wait to get christmas out the way and get cracking with adding bits to it. Got my eyes on front struts, white line arb, coilovers, up rated brakes, braided lines and the list goes on. Nice to have something to focus my attention on.

the list is endless with what you can do with them i sold mine old cup about 3 weeks ago and i had loads of plans for it but i never got round to it , id like to do some stuff to mine but like i said baby on way causes a totally different situation lol av you got a exhaust system on yours?

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
the list is endless with what you can do with them i sold mine old cup about 3 weeks ago and i had loads of plans for it but i never got round to it , id like to do some stuff to mine but like i said baby on way causes a totally different situation lol av you got a exhaust system on yours?
Yea. Came with a ktech stealth system. Sounds awesome. Find myself driving around with the windows open in the freezing cold just to hear it a little better. It'll never grow old! Did you sell one and buy another straight away??

clio 172 cup
lol mines just got a stelth system on it , yeah i was going to buy a discovery to go off roading but when it came to it i could t do an i knew a close friend was selling the one ive got so as soon as i sold mine i went and bought it , my old one was a cat d and needed a few things doing to it , i was sick of fixing it and i knew this one had been looked after and had alot of history with

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
ive got a few plans but yeah baby is complicating things lol think im going to get my wheels powder coated soon though
Same as. My uncle works for a sheet metal fabricators and powder coaters so gonna send mine off to him one by one. Ordered a bee sting Ariel and new rs badge today. Gotta hunt eBay for mats that aren't gonna cost me an arm and a leg. Also gonna have a chat with snappy on here to get my steering wheel done when I've got the cash.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You can get the genuine RS mats from one of the Renault dealers on here in the Traders section for circa £50

Car will look smarter when you get the wheels redone all one colour or change them to Turinis etc

clio 172 cup
Same as. My uncle works for a sheet metal fabricators and powder coaters so gonna send mine off to him one by one. Ordered a bee sting Ariel and new rs badge today. Gotta hunt eBay for mats that aren't gonna cost me an arm and a leg. Also gonna have a chat with snappy on here to get my steering wheel done when I've got the cash.

i could do with a bee sting ariel , isit a new style rs badge you ordered? ive seen his work with the steering wheels they look mint.

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
i could do with a bee sting ariel , isit a new style rs badge you ordered? ive seen his work with the steering wheels they look mint.
Got mine from amazon for £4. Quality yet to be seen yet though. I'll let you know. Yea I prefer the new rs badge. Looks a lot sleeker. Admired his wheels from day one. Gotta get a cheap spare while I send my one off.

clio 172 cup
Got mine from amazon for £4. Quality yet to be seen yet though. I'll let you know. Yea I prefer the new rs badge. Looks a lot sleeker. Admired his wheels from day one. Gotta get a cheap spare while I send my one off.
yeah let me know , i necer thought of amazon lol i like the new rs badge too how much was it? you'll be able to find a wheel in scrap yard :)

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
yeah let me know , i necer thought of amazon lol i like the new rs badge too how much was it? you'll be able to find a wheel in scrap yard :)
Still yet to find a reasonably priced badge. All been £40+. Mate works for Renault so hopefully he'll be able to fix me up. Link for Ariel:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003O3R2TM/?tag=cliospnet01-21
seeb a few wheels about for between £30 and £50 but also seen some awesome 197 wheels. Fit and also get to keep the controls too!

clio 172 cup
Still yet to find a reasonably priced badge. All been £40+. Mate works for Renault so hopefully he'll be able to fix me up. Link for Ariel:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003O3R2TM/?tag=cliospnet01-21
seeb a few wheels about for between £30 and £50 but also seen some awesome 197 wheels. Fit and also get to keep the controls too!

yeah thats price ive seem them at, think its too much for a badge though lol i had a look at them earlier gunner get one :) my wheel on my last cup was mint there wasnt anything at all wrong with it which is rare , i like the 197 ones thow they look good

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
where you seen the 197 wheels? ive looked on ebay and cant find any
Nothing really wrong with mine. Just think snappy's ones are awesome! The 197 ones are in eBay/amazon for around £120. Think the airbag looks sleeker and just all round nicer in the 197's

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
yeah they are :) yeah there alot nicer
think it's a lot better to have the tailor made/personal
touch. Need to get the money together and read the instructions of swapping a wheel over. Not about an airbag in th face!

clio 172 cup
think it's a lot better to have the tailor made/personal
touch. Need to get the money together and read the instructions of swapping a wheel over. Not about an airbag in th face!

no thats one thing ya dont want lol i changed a steering wheel on my old 106 gti , was pretty easy , duno what its like to do one on the clio though

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
Well after 6 months of ownership, a lot less time with it than I'd have wanted, a few kerbings, blowouts and general misdemeanours, engagements, Christmas, birthdays and other money eating monsters out of the way, it's time to give it a bit of tlc. Full service booked, new wheels ordered, ££s in the pot and a huge shopping list. Let's get the ball rolling now!
a2u6adeb.jpg

ehygy3ar.jpg
e6e7adap.jpg