ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 pisses itself in the night

Got my lovely new 172 yesterday and noticed that the washer bottle was empty whilst giving the engine bay the onceover. Filled it back up again last night and went to bed. Got up this morning to find a puddle underneath the front passenger wheel. Cracked washer bottle?

Off to Renault Manchester to get another one fitted. Lady in the service department was confused as to why the car wasnt listed on their system, didnt seem too pleased that Id bought from Motorpoint! Looks like Ill be a regular visitor!

the washer bottle was a common fault early on in the mk2s life

but i thought theyd sorted it all out

obviously not

Lee

BMW M2C

Its on the system now, so you wont get any more problems.

One thing I have noticed is that my local dealer have a longer lead time on warranty work. Book it in for something where I have to pay cash and you soon get to jump the queue!!!

The car doesnt go in till tomorrow. I doubt thered be a problem since they still booked me in. I assume if there had been an issue with it being from Motorpoint theyd tell me to f**k off. Anyway, its only a washer bottle, if it needed its engine replacing then maybe theyd kick up a fuss.

Lee

BMW M2C

That cant, they just have to get on with the job.

I had whatever that fix is for the front suspension towers done recently, they didnt care where the car was from as it was already on the system from the first warrantly work Id had carried out.

They did however tell Griff his car couldnt be seen for a month and a half for warranty work (his UK car) I paid for an oil and filter change at the same time as the warranty work and they got mine in within 3 weeks.

Mine is currently knocking under very hard acceleration and cornering. Im guessing its the engine mounts as that sounds common around here. Just hope it holds together until its 12k service. 8k miles in 6 months, dont join the club mate, itll kill your car ;)

320d M Sport

mine went also, Im from Manchester too! Where abouts are u? i take it you bought a silver one?

I assume its me youre asking! I live in Worsley and no, its blue. I see loads of silver and black. I think blue looks the nuts.

320d M Sport

haha, yeah i know worsely quite well! good on you for not buying the now common silver! I went for red as theyre faster.

My local dealer was a bit sh*ty with me the first time I went with my import, but they know me quite well now and are ok. After all when it comes down to it, we are a source of income for them...

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by andrewm on 02 September 2003

Got my lovely new 172 yesterday and noticed that the washer bottle was empty whilst giving the engine bay the onceover. Filled it back up again last night and went to bed. Got up this morning to find a puddle underneath the front passenger wheel. Cracked washer bottle?

Off to Renault Manchester to get another one fitted. Lady in the service department was confused as to why the car wasnt listed on their system, didnt seem too pleased that Id bought from Motorpoint! Looks like Ill be a regular visitor!

You can take your car to any Renault dealer for warranty work. They shouldnt mind as they get paid well for carrying out any jobs!

Just to follow up, I ended up having to leave the car at the dealers and go to work. I shouldnt have asked wether I could wait, as they said itd be lunchtime before I got my car back. Thatd be a very long wait with only GMTV to watch (or whatever crap they had on at the time!).

The young lady also got my reg number wrong and asked me wether I was Mr. Unpronounceable from Acton who had to take his clio back on the 1st with a dodgy wheel sensor. Three days ownership before a trip to the dealers, is that a record? ;)

Oh well, it could be worse. The steering on my g/fs punto packed up after 1 day! The universal joint at the bottom of the steering column came apart. Luckily it happened as she was turning into a parking space and not when she was on the motorway 10 minutes earlier!

They must be very busy, it took only 30mins to replace my washer bottle while I waited.

Thats not including the weeks of waiting for the part!!! ;)

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by andrewm on 03 September 2003

The steering on my g/fs punto packed up after 1 day! The universal joint at the bottom of the steering column came apart.

This is a known fault too, my friend has has two replaced in less than 8 months...

Lee

BMW M2C

Welcome to the wonder world of Renault ownership :D they make Peugeot look like a class act.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 03 September 2003

Welcome to the wonder world of Renault ownership :D they make Peugeot look like a class act.
Does it?

peugeot are just as bad, my company 406 keeps breaking its injector rail (not funny) do they care? no.

Lee

BMW M2C

My 306 GTi-6 was a great car. :D And most the dealers were friendly and helpful.

My company Focus was amazing though, took a real pounding and never missed a beat. You could always get it booked in for a service and they even offered overnight servicing. Renault take note.

Just wanted to add, MG Rover have given fantastic service over the past two years.....but the strange thing is, the Renault dealer I use is owned by the same people, all I can think of is Renault train em to order the wrong parts etc, etc........:p

Heh. My local Ren garage is owned by a MG Rover place. Phoned them up, ordered my cup stickers.... i await a phone call *crosses fingers*

Looks like Ill be adding an oil leak to the list of problems now. Came back home tonight to see a dark looking patch on the drive on the right hand side. Good job its going back to Renault next week.