ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Ph1 owner!

Ph1 172 Odyssey Blue
Hello everyone!

I've just become the lucky owner of a fairly tidy Phase 1 172, picked it up from a trader in Peterborough last night, appears to be a trade in. The horn doesn't work (might be something really silly like a fuse, not looked at it yet) and theres a few cosmetic scrapes but it drives brilliantly and it's all orginal!

There's some cliosport stickers on it and a cliosport key fob so I was wondering if anyone knows if i've bought a lemon or not ;)

Cheers
Ben

Njlx4Kc.jpg

Petrol Blue 182.
The famous 499! surprised this is still going tbh, the amount of problems the previous owner had! ;)

Welcome to clio sport! looks to be in nice condition from that pic, I love ph1's regret selling mine so much!

Any more pics? Do you have much planned for it?

Ph1 172 Odyssey Blue
Theres a fairly big file of history with it, receipts for 4 decent uniroyal tyres, front brakes, cam/aux/tensioner and a couple of suspension bits in the last 2 years so it seems to be solid enough.

There's a load of pics on the dealer's site but they might be taken down now. I've got them saved on my PC at home so i'll chuck them up when I get back.

Other than fixing the horn and maybe tidying a few small knocks on the rear bumper i'm planning to keep it original, at least on the bodywork. Maybe some engine bits but time will tell!

Ph1 172 Odyssey Blue
Dealer pics, i'll get some of my own later

21872_3.jpg

Front lights seem a little "cloudy", could probably just do with a good clean, they function OK though as my friend drove it back last night in the pitch black

21872_7.jpg

21872_8.jpg

A few small dents on the rear bumper and a scratch at the side but it's plastic so not too much of a concern

21872_14.jpg

21872_18.jpg

21872_16.jpg

21872_21.jpg

Good tyres, a little bit of kerbing to the wheels but they're not bent or anything. Apart from the rim they're very good.

Ph1 172 Odyssey Blue
Looks clean mate. I remember looking at this on Autotrader, thought it looked good enough :)
I'd change the silver bumpstrips if it was me personally but looks a good buy!

Yeah, I got bit off the price (£1400) for the problem with the horn but other than that there isn't really much to fault on it and the price was about right really.

I'll keep an eye out for some, are they a standard clio part do you know? I wasn't sure if the 2.0 16v decal is part of the strip or not.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bumpstrips are satin black. Same as all Ph1 as far as I know, so just grab some from ebay. Will loook so much better

In fact, have a look in the sale section, I am sure Craig is breaking an odessey

PH1 Clio 172
Yeah, bump strips are satin black...welcome to the PH1 club! Nice to see a different colour too.

Ph1
Defo ditch the bump strips for body colour or standard black.

Looks like it could have had a leather steering wheel retrim too which is a sign its been cared for

Ph1 172 Odyssey Blue
Yeah I saw another car and the steering wheel was ruined, the wheel in this one is as new tbh ... either its been replaced or refurbished at some point. Could even be why the horn doesnt work, maybe it wasnt connected right or its come loose at some point (i've been too busy driving to fix it yet!)

I've found a few guys on ebay selling bumper strips for around the 30 mark, I think i'll go with black as the rest of the car is so original it'd be the right way to go I reckon. I'll need to join cliosport to see the for sale and see if there's any in there, will do it next month as i'm totally skint after buying AND insuring this in the same month!

Mec 350 slk manual
Dealer pics, i'll get some of my own later

21872_3.jpg

Front lights seem a little "cloudy", could probably just do with a good clean, they function OK though as my friend drove it back last night in the pitch black

21872_7.jpg

21872_8.jpg

A few small dents on the rear bumper and a scratch at the side but it's plastic so not too much of a concern

21872_14.jpg

21872_18.jpg

21872_16.jpg

21872_21.jpg

Good tyres, a little bit of kerbing to the wheels but they're not bent or anything. Apart from the rim they're very good.
Another od ph 1 welcome mate , change the bump strips ,

Ph1
Yeah I saw another car and the steering wheel was ruined, the wheel in this one is as new tbh ... either its been replaced or refurbished at some point. Could even be why the horn doesnt work, maybe it wasnt connected right or its come loose at some point (i've been too busy driving to fix it yet!)

I've found a few guys on ebay selling bumper strips for around the 30 mark, I think i'll go with black as the rest of the car is so original it'd be the right way to go I reckon. I'll need to join cliosport to see the for sale and see if there's any in there, will do it next month as i'm totally skint after buying AND insuring this in the same month!

Good point about the horn. Could well be related.

Sure there was someone on here who was doing refurbed steering wheels but in leather. Once the standard swade one get a cuts in it the whole thing just crumbles away

Clio 172
£1400 eh, won't tell you what I paid for mine then ;) . Looks tidy enough but do the world a favour and get black side rubbing strips back on it. Apart from that it looks a tidy car, I see it came with the factory fitted ridged drivers carpet, a rare mod that one.

PH1 Clio 172
Good point about the horn. Could well be related.

Sure there was someone on here who was doing refurbed steering wheels but in leather. Once the standard swade one get a cuts in it the whole thing just crumbles away

Aren't the steering wheels leather anyway..not suede? It's the leather that peels

Ph1 172 Odyssey Blue
£1400 eh, won't tell you what I paid for mine then ;) . Looks tidy enough but do the world a favour and get black side rubbing strips back on it. Apart from that it looks a tidy car, I see it came with the factory fitted ridged drivers carpet, a rare mod that one.

Hahaha yeah I know, the stock carpet was obviously rotten or something, it does the job but I need to keep a look out for an original one!