ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 owner!

Civic Type-R

Alreet lads, basically ive had my 172 couple of weeks and thinking about modding it (performance based).

Wasnt to sure of where to start really lol I know of induction kits/exhausts/chips just wasnt to sure what is best!

Cheers in advance!

Hello... is it a Mk1 172, or a Mk2?

for mods:

Eibach Pro springs for improved handling
Full Stainless Exhaust with decat
Less restrictive air filter (pipercross etc)

Those should get you going nicely.

Golf R/Leon FR

hey dude, welcome to the club

id start with air filter or full exhaust system and decat.

then if you want more either chip with remap then either throttle bodies or turbo conversion but thats getting expensive.

lower it to improve handling preferably on coilovers though.

another way is to strip it out to reduce weight hence a better power to weight ratio.

where you from dude?

Civic Type-R

Cheers, im from Basingstoke in Hampshire.

Got its first mot in november so it will fail if I have a decat?

Golf R/Leon FR

more than likely, some places will pass it if you take the old decat down with you, others will make you put the decat back on before its test

so keep hold of your old exhaust and decat!!!

The first modification Id do is coilovers followed by uprated braks (4pots proably).
Id disconnect the second lambeda though so it doest have a chance to set the warning light off.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by daz833 on 30 July 2005

Cheers, im from Basingstoke in Hampshire.
Welcome to the club daz!

Hopefully well see you at some of our meets down here soon :D