ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 172 Cup owner

Russ0892

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi all!

Been a fair few years since I’ve been involved in any forums (I think my ‘86 Scirocco I had in 2011 was the last time!) so forgive me if this is in the wrong place 😩.

Just bought my first ever Renault, a beautiful 172 Cup which is a credit to its previous owners based off the early signs (had a 3 hour drive home last night from collecting it and was great fun!).

Just thought I’d stick a few pictures on and say hello, and hopefully see you guys around at shows and whatnot!

Russ

Attachments

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Congrats on the purchase. It’s a well known car this one and been well looked after by its previous owners by all accounts.

Enjoy! Got mine a couple of months ago and loving it so far.

Russ0892

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Congrats on the purchase. It’s a well known car this one and been well looked after by its previous owners by all accounts.

Enjoy! Got mine a couple of months ago and loving it so far.
Thanks mate, I almost feel bad driving the thing 😩😂. I’ll probably change a few things here and there and make some kind of thread at some point, see how far the wallet will allow I guess!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Nice looking cup is that had some £££ spent on it 👍👍😎 who was the previous owner?
Welcome to the forum!

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Thanks mate, I almost feel bad driving the thing 😩😂. I’ll probably change a few things here and there and make some kind of thread at some point, see how far the wallet will allow I guess!
I know what you mean. I think it’s already at a perfect spec by the looks of things, but there is always something as you know with any car. It’s the perfect base though. 😆

Russ0892

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Nice looking cup is that had some £££ spent on it 👍👍😎 who was the previous owner?
Welcome to the forum!
Previous owner was a lad called James, really nice guy to be fair. Seemed pretty gutted to let it go but just didn’t have the time for it from what I can gather.
Thanks mate!

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I think the previous owner before him is/was on here. Kyle I think, sure he owned it for a fair amount of time that’s where I know it from I think. I’d be surprised if there’s not a project thread on here for it.

Russ0892

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
I know what you mean. I think it’s already at a perfect spec by the looks of things, but there is always something as you know with any car. It’s the perfect base though. 😆
Yeah, I have in my head a flocked dash, carbon Recaros and 4 point harnesses. Hopefully some second hand seats come up at some point as brand new ones I just can’t justify. Main priority at the moment is just to enjoy it and keep up with the ridiculously large history it came with 🤣

rmclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The car looks great, I love the engine.

What wheels and size are they please?

Clio 182 | Standard Spec

Russ0892

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
The car looks great, I love the engine.

What wheels and size are they please?

Clio 182 | Standard Spec
You’ll have to forgive me if I’m wrong as I’m a newbie in the Renault scene! However I think they’re the standard wheels that have been given a refurb and a spray. No plans to change them anyhow 👍

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Yeah, I have in my head a flocked dash, carbon Recaros and 4 point harnesses. Hopefully some second hand seats come up at some point as brand new ones I just can’t justify. Main priority at the moment is just to enjoy it and keep up with the ridiculously large history it came with 🤣
Recaro Pole positions were on my
List but would then be worth more than the cup 😆 so just opted to sell my recaros the same as you have in and go with a sparco pro2000.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it. It is considered one of the best out there.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
  Handling nirvana
I nearly purchased that car, it was for sale in Norfolk from a chap named James.
I needed a back seat so it was a no go from me, looked a lovely example with lots of nice parts on it.

Congrats