ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 cup owner

Clio 182 Race car
Hi Guys,

Names Damien, good mates with sonny172cup who persuaded me to go clio.

I have spent the last 5 years on the Subaru scene building my time attack car and a lot of money at the same time.

I guess I am looking forward to clio ownership as its a lot more cost effective to what I know, even though we all know we can go stupid money on a small car also.

I bought my cup in July and am in the process of getting it ready for the Tricolre series next year to race with sonny. I work away so do not have much time to work on it and am going to be doing most the work myself and learn about the car. I don't have a budget in mind but will always be on the look out for deals and folk selling parts I need.

Most of all am looking to getting behind the wheel again and having fun in a clio. The only experience I've had with Clio's is at the Nurburgring when my Subaru decided to have a wee oil leak and I hired a 200cup for 10 laps, needless to say apart from a poor gearbox I enjoyed it so here I am in a 172 cup ready to gain some much needed knowledge from you guys and make some new enthusiast friends.

Cheers

Damo

Clio 182 Race car
Thanks for the welcome guys........already finding a wealth of knowledge on here and also have more than reaped the benefits from your very kind traders in the form of Andy at Wolverhampton Renault with a steering wheel I hope to pick up next week.

sonny172cup has already sold me his coilovers, front top mounts and strut........I plan to message G172 in the week to get all my braking sorted........sonny172cup has also helped massively with a list of parts I should get and some considerations.......long and short of it I am getting all handling and braking parts next weekend to provide me with 2 weeks worth of work to start my cup racer.......might do a thread if I have time.

Anyway thanks for the warm welcome and look forward to picking your brains at some point