ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Cup owner

172 Cup
Hey folks,

Picked up a 52plate 172 Cup with KTR DTH bodies and a few other go faster bits. No idea what power it's running at, but it's nippy enough. Won't set the world alight.
Seems decently put together for a French car too.
The ergonomics are truly terrible though. One thing I'll be doing soon is ditching the steering wheel and seat and putting in my Recaro Profi and get an aftermarket wheel and bring it closer to me so I can get a decent pedal/wheel position.

My car history puts this Clio at the lower end of the performance scale-
Saxo VTS Grp N car
Integra DC2 R (best FWD car bar none)
Elise S160 (Best car I've owned)
RX7(380bhp)
JDM MX5(tuned also)
S2000 (tuned again)
Clio 172 Cup.

Stew

172 Cup
Cheaper running costs etc. Honda parts are silly money, even for the lower end stuff. I snowboard and Kart race also so would rather be doing more of that than blowing my money on the latest Spoon/Mugen/Toda parts which cost as much as a Clio...

FWD is going to take some getting used to again though. I might get another MX5 in a few months as my RWD fix alongside the Clio.