ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Never knew this MPG was possible

40427_447691484458_778874458_6055114_7491302_n.jpg

Just did 120 miles on a tenner in my 172! Got to 53.6 at one point.

Stagecoach Ticket
providing you drive as eco as possiable you can get returns like that proberly not much more though i used to be able to get 47mpg from the 1.2 combined cycle and there shocking on fuel for what they are. nt really had the 172 long enough to get good mpg yet but i would be hoping for 40s if not more on a run

Nope, just a steady speed on the motorway. That's for the whole journey including town driving though!

providing you drive as eco as possiable you can get returns like that proberly not much more though i used to be able to get 47mpg from the 1.2 combined cycle and there shocking on fuel for what they are. nt really had the 172 long enough to get good mpg yet but i would be hoping for 40s if not more on a run

Use to return those figures in the 1.2 any day of the week. Getting those figures in a 1*2 is special.

Clio 172
I do 200 miles a week in mine, had it 3 weeks now and average 43MPG thats about 60/70mph all the way, better than the 30 I was getting from my 225

Arctic 182 + yozza
i can believe this.

i cruised down to cornwall few weeks back pretty much 70mph the whole way. did 380 miles on 3/4 tank.

i had 47mpg indicated on my 182!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Gods honest truth, I can't get that out of my Tdi 6 speed Audi.

Infact, 44 (iirc) is the most i've got out of it!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Big pinch of salt. As ive found with all my clios, the trip is usually off. 200 is the worst for it, under-reads by about 5mpg.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
You're 1 must be broken, it kinda looks like a 5 from here :S

Gods honest truth, I can't get that out of my Tdi 6 speed Audi.

Infact, 44 (iirc) is the most i've got out of it!
My dad has the same one. He's not overly impressed with 45-50mpg that he gets so he'll be pissed when I tell him this, though he gets that doing 80 on the motorway.

Big pinch of salt. As ive found with all my clios, the trip is usually off. 200 is the worst for it, under-reads by about 5mpg.
Maybe so, but I only put a tenner in!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My dad has the same one. He's not overly impressed with 45-50mpg that he gets so he'll be pissed when I tell him this, though he gets that doing 80 on the motorway.

Maybe so, but I only put a tenner in!

I'd work it out properly, might even be more than the trip says! Mine hasn't budged from 28mpg, worked it out manually several times and I'm getting 33mpg average!

53 Clio's & counting
Agreed,thats why i manually work mine out.

VAG is usually with in 1 mpg or so, with care iv got 66 mpg out of a 2.0 TDi mk5 Golf

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Did a quick calc, £10 over 120 miles @ £1.15 per litre is 62mpg. Mental.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think the 172's are excellent on fuel. Although, I found the trip would always over-read by about 2mpg.

The 182 is a little more accurate, but not consistently the same directional error. In that, it can over and under-read. The 172 always over-read.

The RS 1*2 Clio's are such a fab car. Good on fuel. Easy to use. Brilliant.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
the trip on my old citroen was terrible, it said i did 65mpg over a week once, but i did the sums 690-miles from 57l of derv, but thats only 54 mpg.

my 2.0d gets about 42mpg. most ive got is 44mpg. sums are easy the tanks is almost exactly 10 gallons lol, take my week trip miles divide by 10. I dont have a trip computer on my car the guy who ordered it new wouldnt stump the £200 for it as an option but paid £650 for a tow bar, wtf? the problem is my fuel guage, well more the tank the clio and citroen the guage went down in a uniform, the c4 got 150 miles per quarter rougly, this i get 150 from the 1st 1/4, then no more than 115 from the next then 85 from the next then the fuel lights on then its only about 60 miles left lol, right till the needles clean off the guage. who'd idea was it to only put in a 50l tank, the petrols get 60+litre ones.
i miss my old 1.6 mk1 laguna, it dropped really quite quick to the 1/4 full mark then it stopped and started to go back up slightly every time i started it, by the end of the day i has another 1/8 of a tank than i started with lol. i'm sure that thing did about 300 miles to £20.

53 Clio's & counting
Its possible to get amazing mpg from almost any car, you need to know how to drive it very economically.

My Clio gets used very hard, but its nice to know if needs be I can run it along gently and still get a genuine 40mpg if needed.

320d
On a good motorway run averaging 70-80mph my 172 would do 44mpg. It was pretty much always 44 mpg on a motorway trip when i've filled up then gone straight onto the motorway.

PH1 172 Sport
I drive mine 100 miles each day and I'm averaging 40mpg which includes driving it very hard down some B roads to the motorway and then cruising at 80 on the M-Way. It's just about driving sensibly when there's not room to drive hard i.e in flowing traffic, going through town etc.