ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netgear Ready Nas 314 with OS 6.0

Yellow 197
Anyone got one of these? I was looking at buying one and actually won one, just need to get some drives to go in it and set it up now.

Can do all sorts of cool stuff like remote time machine backup, access files externally through ready cloud etc

Lots of new features, and you can install 'add on's (similar to the app store) and its open source to developers so i've read on the forums that people have hacks running windows server on and them s**t.

Anyone else played with them or own one? Any cool things I should look at putting on there?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I'd sell it and buy a Synology device instead. I looked at Netgear's offerings and settled on a Synology DS211 and even though it's quite old it's still impressive despite the specs. There's a big community for their products, many well established apps and it's extremely versatile, I probbably only use about 20% of what it's actually capable of. I just use it for Sickbeard, Couchpotato and torrents. It could run all my media via DLNA but because it's an older version I use my WDTV Live for that instead, the x12/x13 models are powerful enough for that though.

Rav4
I have both a Netgear Ready Nas NVX (older generation) and a Synology 1512+

No contest. Synology.