ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

neighbour reversed into my car

172 cup
hi all

well my neighbour reveresd into by car and put a massive dint into my passenger door, was thinkin since she is goin through the insurance she says, i could get my mate at the garage to put it through as just gettin the door fixed but i need a few other bits sprayed also, so effectively i could get this done at the same time and end up gettin the insurance company to pay for is tht right? lol. anyone else done this befor?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
You might aswell try it, if u can't then nevermind, but if u can get away with it, BONUS.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
So basicly what your asking is can you defraud an insurance company to get other work done at the same time as the dent in your door, and say it was part of the accident?

Bump for my premium hike yet again

172 cup
kind of but just put on the receipt it were just the door, and get him to do the bonnet but just have the price on the recepit include the bonnet, but dont have it down on the recepit if that makes sense? im rubbish at explaingin things lol

Civic 1.6 V-Tec
^^^ tbh, doesnt matter, they dont normally authorise payment for repairs on a vehicle without seeing how much it'll cost and what they're authorising repairs for.

is dirty.
Yeah, with us if we look at it and it seems like there's something that is questionable to have been accident related we will get an engineer to look into it. But as someone already said, try claiming for the extra things and yet again up go everyone's premiums..

is dirty.
Oh and basically your saying get him to repair the door and bonnet but put down the door has been repaired for say £300, when really it would be £250, but with the bonnet added into that it is £300. But the only flaw is insurance companies tend to employ engineers who know how much it costs to repair a door etc, so you might easily get caught out.

Clio 200
i had a guy in work claiming for all sorts of repairs on his vx220 was covered in stones thanks to our insured, after a told him i used to be a panel beater/painter he quickly changed his story to oh the damage might have already been there.

simply got caught out, and we always run the costs by our engineers to confirm that they are right, and in keeping with the circumstances

tiTTy & SV650
who's premium goes up? why do people always say that.

Mine always goes down, if it goes up its not cause of someone else claiming it's cause you've got a diff car / moved / crashed / sped.