ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Needless to say.......

RenaultSport clio 18
DSCF1043.JPG

DSCF1044.JPG

......I am not best pleased!

First post in a while and I had been hoping to regail you with tales of my new Milltek resonated cat back exhaust and my pride at getting it half decently lined up but no, this had to happen and just 3 days after it was fitted. Neighbour reversed in to it. I am realistic to know that stuff happens and I guess this post is part of my grieving process!

I have to now suspect this is Cat C w/o territory and I have some thinking to do. 10 years and the original owner and was just starting to warm again to spending more to keep me sound for another few years rather than offloading prematurely. Just money to overcome all the typical clio gremlins and then the cambelt due next year, but the heart of this beast remains solid and I realise they are fairly indestructible if looked after. It is stock with around 63,500 on the clock so it's all a bit gauling to say the least!

dan's cast offs.
should repair easy enough, looks like the door line on the quarter is still good so that saves a lot of messing around.

seen decent pdr guys get rid of pretty much as bad as that.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Thats a write off for sure, best bet is to buy it back and strip it for parts.
At least there's no damage to engine/wheels/suspension/interior etc etc so you've got plenty of stuff to sell.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
My advice would be ask them to not go through insurance. You'll be able to repair that for not a lot of money I would imagine.

Also, remember even though it's none fault, a lot of insurers still increase policies. It's wrong, but they do.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You're unlikely to find many people willing to lash out hundreds of pounds of their own money to fix it privately when they can just hand it off to the insurers and let them deal with it.

Unfortunately many don't think about next years premium so even if a private fix works out cheaper in the long run they just don't want to know.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
View attachment 139771

View attachment 139770

......I am not best pleased!

First post in a while and I had been hoping to regail you with tales of my new Milltek resonated cat back exhaust and my pride at getting it half decently lined up but no, this had to happen and just 3 days after it was fitted. Neighbour reversed in to it. I am realistic to know that stuff happens and I guess this post is part of my grieving process!

I have to now suspect this is Cat C w/o territory and I have some thinking to do. 10 years and the original owner and was just starting to warm again to spending more to keep me sound for another few years rather than offloading prematurely. Just money to overcome all the typical clio gremlins and then the cambelt due next year, but the heart of this beast remains solid and I realise they are fairly indestructible if looked after. It is stock with around 63,500 on the clock so it's all a bit gauling to say the least!

Shame about your car mate. Also.. Sorry to be a bit of a vulture, but I'm actually looking for a CAT D/C Clio.

If you were planning on buying it back, but didn't want to keep it, I would be very interested in purchansing it from you. You could earn a few £££ too.

Let me know!

RenaultSport clio 18
Shame about your car mate. Also.. Sorry to be a bit of a vulture, but I'm actually looking for a CAT D/C Clio.

If you were planning on buying it back, but didn't want to keep it, I would be very interested in purchansing it from you. You could earn a few £££ too.

Let me know!

I'll bear it in mind! Not overly keen to get rid of it. I have had too many years of regret for offloading my 106GTI to buy the Clio! I don't want to make a similar mistake even if it isn't currently my favourite piece of kit just at this time. There is something to be said and be proud of to have been one careful owner from new on both!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I'll bear it in mind! Not overly keen to get rid of it. I have had too many years of regret for offloading my 106GTI to buy the Clio! I don't want to make a similar mistake even if it isn't currently my favourite piece of kit just at this time. There is something to be said and be proud of to have been one careful owner from new on both!

Definatley :)

Although I secretly hope you decide to sell on, to me, I wish you the best of luck with whatever way you decide to go!

RenaultSport clio 18
Initial view of the engineer (independent) is it's a w/o! Some creasing at bottom adds to the hassle.

Not best pleased with the view that the car was worth less than price guide at around £2,250 against for £2.5k of repairs. It's a £2.5k car for sure, given the mileage, fsh history and ownership from new.

Next step is then to try find a contract repair within this price so as to avoid it actually being written off. At least that way I don't lose out more by the fact it had an exhaust system fitted 3 days previously.

I lose out either way!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Initial view of the engineer (independent) is it's a w/o! Some creasing at bottom adds to the hassle.

Not best pleased with the view that the car was worth less than price guide at around £2,250 against for £2.5k of repairs. It's a £2.5k car for sure, given the mileage, fsh history and ownership from new.

Next step is then to try find a contract repair within this price so as to avoid it actually being written off. At least that way I don't lose out more by the fact it had an exhaust system fitted 3 days previously.

I lose out either way!
Tbf mate, a lot of that will pull out. You can get good access into that particular area with a hammer and dolly. Then it's just a case of skim it and paint.
Your likely to pay a fair bit to get it done though. I'd say around £1500 from my own experience (had a similar thing pulled out on my cup mate).

RenaultSport clio 18
Tbf mate, a lot of that will pull out. You can get good access into that particular area with a hammer and dolly. Then it's just a case of skim it and paint.
Your likely to pay a fair bit to get it done though. I'd say around £1500 from my own experience (had a similar thing pulled out on my cup mate).

Well I need the best job that I can. I have no desire to offload this car except on my own terms!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Let me know!
And you say I'm harsh.

Fcuking hell.

Wow.... . [emoji33] Wasn't expecting that.

Hate these posts, makes me very sad to see people's pride and joy ruined, more often than not at the hands of someone else.
1 owner from New, low miles, doesn't get much worse [emoji20]
Gutted for you

RenaultSport clio 18
Well I eventually pushed to get this saved from being a write off. Independent engineer's report said full repair would have been £2,945 inc vat with replacement door skin and rear 3/4 panel. He offered a valuation of £2,250 (and then £120 scrap value) after he had been picky about some other scuffs! Worth every bit of £2,500k in my mind but it never works out that way! So the claims co. just about managed to find an outfit to do a contract repair. I suspect around £1,900 to knock it out, hopefully get away with as little filler as possible and then again hope for a reasonable paint job. I had to take a bit of a punt and after 2 weeks I have just taken it back and it seems to be up to a reasonable standard in the sense it can never be perfect and will never be quite the same again in my mind! I am trying to be sensible as within the repair I got a "freebie" as one of the notable scuffs was on the same side arch.

Stupid thing is that as part of the claims process I was able to apply for a car that probably cost in excess of £1000 in hire charges! I would have been prepared to fore go those and force my wife on to public transport for a couple of weeks and invest in the repair. But No, that is not how the game is played. They are naturally are better pushing for the w/o as it saves them money!

Anyway the car is back and we can move on!

RenaultSport clio 18
It wasn't supposed to end this way! My wife was on the way to work and was punted across the road by a milk tanker. Ended up facing the way she had come from. In hindsight, when I consider the contact point behind the pillar, she us a very lucky lady. some whiplash but hopefully ok. On this occasion it's to be a total loss situation. 91k on the clock, unmodified, owned from new. Was hoping for at least another three years out of it. ...needless to say I am not happy. I can't see myself being able to source something I would be happy with. But I shall start the hunt anyway.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
what a nightmare! main this is your wife is ok, could of been a lot worse.

RenaultSport clio 18
Hopefully no lasting damage.

Likely to be the end of an unbroken era of fun cars/hot hatches in my family during my lifetime. I remember them all:

998 cooper (the only one I never drove)
Mini 1275gt s
MG Metro turbo
MG Maestro
205 Gti 1.6
205 Gti 1.9
309 Gti
106 Gti
Ending now with the Clio (unless I can source a replacement)

Personal favourite : the 106

...and no Golf to be found at any point in the mix. Funny where ones loyalties lie!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
What an unlucky car! Hope your missus recovers soon.

There's plenty of decent 1*2's for sale currently, shouldn't be too hard find a replacement. Most of the dogs have been killed off now for spares.