ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some information about decat

182 Turbo
Theres a guy at work who used to be a mechanic and still does a bit on the side who reckons the recent decat I have fitted on my car will f**k it up over time, basically he said by removing the cat the car is now tricking the lambda sensor and that the ecu is having to compensate for the fact there is no cat because the lambda tells the ecu to add the right air to fuel mixture to make emmisions safe or something basically he said he would never recommend a decat and that my car will just break down in 6 months time because of it. I'm sure however that he has got it wrong but didn't want to argue back to offend him as I'm not particularly clued up about it anyways.

Can anyone at BTM or 519 or anyone knowledgeable tell me, does the decat really fk it up over time , will my car just break down in months time? Can you please explain so I can go back and tell him. Or if he's right and I should just remove decat to be safe..

Advice would be much appreciated Thankyou.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
2nd lamdba is there to turn on a warning light on the dash. This doesn't effect the running of the car, simply tells you that the cat isn't working.

You can get around this a few different ways if it comes on