ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need New Sony Ericsson Phone, Anything To Wait For?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Previously I have a S700i and currently have an W900i. Loved both phones and as i'm due an upgrade figured i'd stay Sony.

I was waiting for a replacement for the W900i but it doesn't look like there will be one :(

Becasue of this it looks like i'm going to have to go for a W850i, as this will let me use my current memory card in the W900i.

Should I go for this phone? Is there anything in the pipeline I don't know of?

I use the phone for these things, in use order:

Music
Photos
Organisation
Text
Calls
Net

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well its tricky, SE will soon totally switch to M2 Sticks. The P990i/W850i will be the last phones to support the old MS duos.

There actually IS a w900i replacement in the works but something strange has happened to the mobile market at the moment and phones arent being announced like they used to be.

The next big thing is codenamed "Sofia" which is 5mp/3g/HSDPA/and the new walkman 3.0 player. It may also run the non touchscreen version of UIQ3.

But nobody knows when its going to be launched, though i have seen a working prototype at a clinic.

cock mobile.
I have a w880i, came with a 1GB M2 card.

Can't fault the phone, does everything I want and reliable.

It is rubbish at photos, but for me it's good enough for the rare time I use it.

The soon to be announced P700 (tomorrow allegedly) has a qwerty keyboard (email, net, text) 3.2 megapixel camera (photos) is a smartphone with touchscreen (organisation) and like the M600 and P990 will have a decent music player.

Gotta agree the W900 is awesome, I still have a black one here, its a DaVinci Code special edition too!

I also have a W950 (brand new, for sale ;)) and a W880. I use the W880 atm, but the W900 is prob still the best Sony Ericsson ever with all its features.

And yeah, everything is moving to M2. 2GB cards are out (I have one) and 4GBs are set to be out ASAP

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
W900 was a very special phone.

But then it was based on an even better phone.

Anyone know when the next cyber-shot branded se be out i know they releasin the k810i but that not really got much improvement over the k800.

The W610 is actually the upgrade from the W810! ;)

The W880 is actually just a re-housed W850 with a few features "slimmed down"!

Octavia VRS
I sold my W850i when I got it, just didn't like it so keeping my W800 for another year at least

I like the K810i - coming very soon if not already I think:

40247.jpg

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
wow, this thread took off abit.

If the Duo sticks are going to be phased out them i'll accept the need to upgrade to the M2, But do they do a 4gb version? This is what I use in my W900i atm.

The S700 and W900 have been my only experiences of Sony Ericsson and have been great. If a replacement is due (and those specs sound perfect) I will wait. But how long for? My current upgrade is avalible end of May, we talking weeks or months?

Saner

Im sure Tom said the W850i will be the last to have a duo card?

I like it apart from the fact is has no auto-focus so the pics arent even as good as my old k750i! :(

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
Anyone know when the w960 is available? any other news on it Tom? it looks amazing and my upgrade is around december time.