ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need new Headunit for my first Clio :P

Meg 300Cup
Just bought my first clio :p but now need to switch my blue Sony MEX-1GP Headunit for something orange preferably (but doesnt really matter) so it all blends in :) or generally good looking

Having a pain in the ass deciding what else i should buy to replace my current subs and amps so HU comes first lol

Needs to have:
AUX IN or Ipod Control
Pre Amp
Outputs for Front, Rear and Subwoofer
And would be good to be able to use the steering wheel controls :)

Cheers

07 Campus Sport 1.2
i have a slightly damaged Fli Swat 5 headunit for sale, does all of the above and lights up orange, but i dont think it will work with steering wheel controls. only thing wrong with it is the clip that clicks into place on the right hand side of the front fascie is broken, and if you go over a bump pretty hard it will disconnect as the connection will come loose slightly, easily fixed by someone thats handy with a glue gun and plastic. 40 quid and its yours

Meg 300Cup
i have a slightly damaged Fli Swat 5 headunit for sale, does all of the above and lights up orange, but i dont think it will work with steering wheel controls. only thing wrong with it is the clip that clicks into place on the right hand side of the front fascie is broken, and if you go over a bump pretty hard it will disconnect as the connection will come loose slightly, easily fixed by someone thats handy with a glue gun and plastic. 40 quid and its yours

Cheers man, But looking for something brand new :(

I have this setup..

jvc.jpg

Good points (not copy and pasted spec)...
  1. 2x RCA Outputs... (I have RCA going to my 6x9 AMP and a different ones to my subs)
  2. Steering wheels compatibility (I brought one of ebay, beware, its a big kit and hard to get behind headunit.)
  3. Aux input, plug in ipod, mp3, etc etc..
  4. Good pre-amp, powers my front door speakers VERY well. (im actually suprised of the quality of them)
  5. Bluetooth, can connect 2 phones at once. (one can be playing music for example, then the other phone takes over the head unit when it gets a call etc etc, you get the idea)
  6. 2x USB ports, one at back, one at front. (Bluetooth requires 1 so I put it at the back, I use front for ipod)
  7. Charges ipod.
  8. 3 ipod modes, [Head Mode = Plays songs, allows your to browse on headunit just like usb mp3] - [IPOD Mode = Allows you to control the songs playing etc on your ipod with sounds coming through head unit still] - [EXT Mode = Allows things such as Spotify or game noises, or any noise your iphone makes to come through head unit].
  9. You can turn the blue lights to the brightness you want. (Dim, not dim - good for night driving).
  10. In terms of sound 'tuning' there are loads of options. You can change pretty much anything, its like a damn recording studio with this thing.
  11. I've had it since Nov and im still finding new features.
  12. I've used the CD player ONCE, so no comment about tht.
  13. I really can't say enough good things, I might aswel lube up i love this think too much, as you can see on halfords page (link below) 5 star ratings by 30 people.
  14. Comes with remote control, useful if your a carpack thug like me and have your boot open alot. :rasp:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_770531_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

Last edited: