ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need new brakes

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
I'm needing new discs and pads front and back on my 182.
I'm looking to upgrade them any suggestions on new discs and pads
and where I would be best getting them from I have around £300 to spend

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Is this for normal road driving or track work?

£300 is alot. You could spend half that (or even a third) and get a decent upgrade over standard.

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
Is this for normal road driving or track work?

£300 is alot. You could spend half that (or even a third) and get a decent upgrade over standard.

It Is for fast road driving and I also do a few track days.
I need front and back tho. Any suggestions

Iceberg Ph1
As many people on here state the rears hardly do much under braking what so ever, most of the braking force is at the fronts (more then on any other standard car I'd believe)

But as Tom has mentioned different packages for different purposes..

Although Brembo HC and DS2500 or Carbon Lorraine seems to be a popular combo for people on here for both track and normal/fast road setup

Clio 182
I use Scenic calipers, 300mm discs & Ferodo Premium pads and works fine for fast road use. They also dont oveheat that fast like stock setup. For 280€ (250 gbp) including calipers, I can't complain.

Just get new OEM spec discs and some decent pads.

DS2500s are relatviely expensive, very dusty and can give judder/vibration IME.

EBC Yellowstuff are a better alternative, otherwise look at some decent Pagid RS pads but they won't be cheap!!

182, mr2 rev2, crx vtec
K tec are offering front and rear drilled discs and red stuff pads including
bearings and abs rings posted for £329 anyone tried these and what you think

BG 182 FF
personally red stuff pad are rubbish. however i would have standard rears, then brembo HC disks, ds2500 pads or standard pads plus braided lines imo

i've tried Redstuffs and thought they came up well with heat, but were a bit of a liabilility from cold on the road. the CL RC5+ i've got in now are much better from cold, but comparatively expensive. yellows are supposed to be good from cold, but no experience myself

i'd just go with the OE/spec disc recommendations, your choice of uprated front pad, standard rear pads, stainless hoses (may as well), and decent fluid - use new pad springs and give the calipers a going over whilst doing it all as well

Clio 182
BTW, Ferodo discs and pads for Scenic were only 180 gbp so it's not too expensive. ;) Only problem is that you must use at least 16 inch wheels.