ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help with odd 172 rear disc/bearing situation!!!

RB 182 FF
Hi all, I had 2 sets of rear Mintex discs ordered locally for me and a mate with bearing and abs rings fitted, I have an 04 plate 182 and they fitted on a treat no problem.... My mates 53 plate 172 with abs, cruise etc has an incorrect fit issue regarding the bearing size... I have done research and quizzed the supplier and I have been told categorically that these are identical fit for 172's/ 182's from 2000-2005.... his stub axles are a smaller diameter than the inside of the bearings(on both sides of car ) so therefore alot of play and loose fit is present. Can anyone help who may have heard of this before?! Any help appreciated! Cheers, Gaz.

Definatly the wrong bearing in the disc as 172,182 and dci share the same stub axle setup so doubt it that the stub axles will be wrong!

RB 182 FF
Definatly the wrong bearing in the disc as 172,182 and dci share the same stub axle setup so doubt it that the stub axles will be wrong!

Hi Martin cheers for the reply it's strange how my set were fine but his weren't.... the boxes were sealed from mintex so could they put wrong bearings in in the assembly line do you think or has my mates car possibly in any way got hidden history with wrong stub axles?! :S