ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help! :P

RB 200
Anyone know where I can get my 200 detailed and the paint corrected? its swirly and its annoying :)

let me know if you have any suggestions!

Cheers!

Chris can do it mate (blackgold) but he's banned might be worth texting him.

Juicy detailing in Stanley or north east car care has done a few 200s and they've came up mint!

Titanium 182
James I have an alternative - Both my Trophies (Megane/Clio) were done by a mate of mine in Washington - He is really good and has decent prices

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Hi James,

I'm taking a step back from detailing other people's cars, however if you need any help and advice your more than welcome to ask.

IMO i would buy your own DA and do it yourself, it's not difficult at all and you'll learn quite a bit along the way.

Leeroy's option is good if you dont want to do it yourself, he's a good mate of mine and I've known him a long time, his work is good and his prices are also decent.

Hope that helps.

RB 200
I'd like to have a go myself like but I'm terrified of killing my paint, I have a polisher, but don't have a clue how to start! What pads to get or what to use!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'd like to have a go myself like but I'm terrified of killing my paint, I have a polisher, but don't have a clue how to start! What pads to get or what to use!!
If it's a dual action you can't really go wrong mate.

You might be best off speaking with Gally regarding pad/polish combo's.

I tend to use 3m pads (yellow and blue) and if I need a harder cut I'll use something like a hexlogic pad.

Compounds I'd recommend are menzerna, both for cutting and finishing.

It's always best to work with the least cutting pad/combo to start with and move your way up until you get the desired cut. Make sure you tape the car up properly especially things like doorhandles, mirror backing plates, side repeaters etc. If you get stuck you're more than welcome to bring it down and I'll help you.

RB 200
Aye it's a dual action one, so to get it prepped what do you do? Iron x tardis clay ?wash it and jet it off? Dry it up and go for it? ... That would be alright I think if I'm shown in doing it right I'd get it no bother at all

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Aye it's a dual action one, so to get it prepped what do you do? Iron x tardis clay ?wash it and jet it off? Dry it up and go for it? ... That would be alright I think if I'm shown in doing it right I'd get it no bother at all

Yeah mate, wash the car, iron x it, then tardis then clay, then give it a good wash and dry, tape it up and away you go. Remember to use a good sealent and wax to seal in your hard work